Just inherited a McCulloch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP56

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just inherited a McCulloch Eager Beaver 3.7 CI. I am hoping someone here can tell me from my Model & Serial numbers, exactly what I have here. It's a Model #:60013302 & the S/N is: 12-036576.

Can anyone give me any info (age, etc.) on it by the numbers I listed? Been seeing a lot of references to 3.7 Mac 610, but not sure from pics if it is similar/same. Mine has some black parts on it where some pictures and parts appear to be yellow, like the plate where the on/off switch is.

Aside from it needing a good cleaning due to being caked with saw dust & oil everywhere, from neglect, it seems to be in really good shape. The label is still intact & says it will take a 16,18,20 & 24" bars & takes a PMR370GLX chain, with a footnote that says other chains may be available that may provide better control & less kickback.

I have started removing all the removable parts, because it is jammed full of Oil & saw dust everywhere, especially between all the engine fins & covers. I did pull the muffler & the piston & cylinder look almost new! Pretty sure it was still the original air filter in it as well, it was plugged solid and literally fell apart when I took off the cover and removed it.

I am hoping someone here can date it, tell me exactly what it is called & point me to a Shop/Service Manual, Parts list & Owners manual for it, but I will take whatever I can get for it!

It is exactly the same as a PM610. 60cc saw, will pull an 24 inch bar with authority and despite what that sticker says, it will do alright with a 28" too.
The eager beavers came later, I want to say sometime in the mid 90s.
The only downside to that family of saws is they where heavy, ergonomics where kind of weird, and they where just downright ugly lol. But they are one hell of a cutter.

Talk to the guys over in the Mac sticky and put a post in the "beg for manuals" sticky for the literature you seek. I can almost guarantee you that @ray benson will be able to help you out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It is exactly the same as a PM610. 60cc saw, will pull an 24 inch bar with authority and despite what that sticker says, it will do alright with a 28" too.
The only downside to that family of saws is they where heavy, ergonomics where kind of weird, and they where just downright ugly lol. But they are one hell of a cutter.

Talk to the guys over in the Mac sticky and put a post in the "beg for manuals" sticky for the literature you seek. I can almost guarantee you that @ray benson will be able to help you out.

Already sent ipl, service manual and owners manual.

Thanks 2broke! It appears that Ray Benson is the man with all the answers here. He sent me everything !

Latest posts

Back