just ordered 2 ms660 china chain saw from china 15 days a go will get them epacket from china

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a next to zero risk, buying one. Dh gate covers if they dont ship. And I logged in with my google account that also has buyer protection built in. I'm truly not worried about it. I contacted the seller last night with a few questions. It was the normal yep, made in china, "high quality" (lol), blag blah blah. I even asked specifically that it was for a full chainsaw with bar. They confirmed yes. Messaging was done through dh gate, for accountability purposes. We shall see.... it's on the slow boat.

Tell you what guys, I'll post back when or if it shows up. Give the full rundown as best i can. Likening said, I've blow $50.00 for dumber reasons. I'm not expecting much, and it will be nice to see how it stacks up.
did you orderchain saw from dhgate.com

This thread caught my intrest, as the Chinese have taken over most of the worlds manufacturing with their low priced products.
I'm not saying China can't make high quality products, just look at their fighter jets, ships, spacecraft, nuclear, and biological weapons.
As Americans, we are responsible for the greatest voluntary wealth transfer in history, from the American poor and middle class to the communist who are using that wealth against us. We just can't resist cheap, disposable, chink garbage.
I'm even guilty of it, but anymore, everything I purchase, I look to see where it was made. If it's China I try to find something else, or pay more for not made in China. It's difficult and often I live without it. Sometimes I don't have any option, and contribute to the Chinese communist party.
If you have to have a saw, and buying the real one that the chinks copied and manufactured from recycled Chevys and ground up dogs will decrease your standard of living, I can not fault you for buying it. I hope it serves you well.
This spring we watched the Chinese implode the U.S. economy, and that of the entire planet, in three weeks without firing a shot.
Makes me wonder what they have in store for 2021.
And that piston will fit in that cylinder if you have the correct ring compressor.

@maplegrovetom : Your post leads to a good point about having to buy Stihl from a dealer--they're going to be genuine high-quality parts.

The DHgate vendor might have had a decimal placement issue, the starting price is $350 (U.S.) with a MS-660 sticker that's incredibly cheap looking--if they didn't put any effort into making the only "branding" on the whole saw look decent, I can imagine the internals.

CN MS-660.jpg

Notice the [single row of] spikes are the same sick-yellow color as the saw housing, which makes the saw lighter and "you like more better" for cutting Styrofoam. The oil cap seems to be molded in a machine designed for making milk jug caps. Hopefully the plastic doesn't melt when exposed to petroleum products...

This MS 070 saw comes in two color patterns, so you can own whatever brand you want to pretend it is. (The sticker is also blank, so you can write that in yourself with a felt-tip marker.)

orange-and-white-color-chain-saw-4-8-kw-105cc.jpg
orange-and-white-color-chain-saw-4-8-kw-105cc2.jpg
The warning label is also blank, which means you don't have to read warnings in a foreign language.

Some people say, "I'll buy one and replace whatever breaks with [name-brand OEM] parts." Later on they see the price of said parts and aren't going to spend more than $100 in parts on a $350 saw, so they buy clone parts that are "just as good." Fair enough, they have a $450 saw [with 30 hours of repair labor invested] and are "just waiting on parts" before finishing their current job. Yup, they have all the weight of a MS880 with the power of a MS250, just what everyone has been clamoring for, because they do things their way, and it's always "good enough."

As Americans, we are responsible for the greatest voluntary wealth transfer in history, from the American poor and middle class to the communist who are using that wealth against us. We just can't resist cheap, disposable, chink garbage.
It's probably already too late to do much about it. It's really hard and expensive to rebuild manufacturing capabilities when the factories have closed, the machine tools have been scrapped and the skilled workforce has been dissipated.

Mines on the slow boat, left china monday. Tracking hasn't been updated by usps yet.
@maplegrovetom : Your post leads to a good point about having to buy Stihl from a dealer--they're going to be genuine high-quality parts.

The DHgate vendor might have had a decimal placement issue, the starting price is $350 (U.S.) with a MS-660 sticker that's incredibly cheap looking--if they didn't put any effort into making the only "branding" on the whole saw look decent, I can imagine the internals.

View attachment 866223

Notice the spikes are the same sick-yellow color as the saw housing, which makes the saw lighter and "you like more better" for cutting Styrofoam. The oil cap seems to be molded in a machine designed for making milk jug caps. Hopefully the plastic doesn't melt when exposed to petroleum products...

This MS 070 saw comes in two color patterns, so you can own whatever brand you want to pretend it is. (The sticker is also blank, so you can write that in yourself with a felt-tip marker.)

View attachment 866225
View attachment 866228
The warning label is also blank, which means you don't have to read warnings in a foreign language.

Some people say, "I'll buy one and replace whatever breaks with [name-brand OEM] parts." Later on they see the price of said parts and aren't going to spend more than $100 in parts on a $350 saw, so they buy clone parts that are "just as good." Fair enough, they have a $450 saw [with 30 hours of repair labor invested] and are "just waiting on parts" before finishing their current job. Yup, they have all the weight of a MS880 with the power of a MS250, just what everyone has been clamoring for, because they do things their way, and it's always "good enough."
Your funny, I bought one of these $54.00 dollar "660" as a why not. I have zero need for it, and extremely low expectations. It will also get no money dumped into it. I've blow more then $50.00 on dumber things. Although I have low expectations for it, it would be quite funny if it ended up working well. I'm not holding my breath and would never consider taking it out solo, but to play with in the mill it will be interesting, if and when it blows up I'll strap my 394xp back on the mill and keep going. I've also been rather open that this purchase is an experiment for me. I'll only agree with your sentiment with people who buy something like this and expecting it to be as good as a real stihl.

Mines on the slow boat, left china monday. Tracking hasn't been updated by usps yet....
I'm surprised they shipped it...it makes for a great story--kind of like dating a redhead...you can pretty well bet it's going to end in disaster, but the adventure along the way is going to be one wild ride!

The price was correct, they still got the 070 for like $90

I'm surprised they shipped it...it makes for a great story--kind of like dating a redhead...you can pretty well bet it's going to end in disaster, but the adventure along the way is going to be one wild ride!
Cant be that bad when you have nonexistent expectations :ices_rofl:

Back