just ordered 2 ms660 china chain saw from china 15 days a go will get them epacket from china

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell you what guys, I'll post back when or if it shows up. Give the full rundown as best i can. Likening said, I've blow $50.00 for dumber reasons. I'm not expecting much, and it will be nice to see how it stacks up.
Whats you eta on that thing so we can be looking for your rundown?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Following @Short timer's link led to the Sentway Store (the maker of the saw, supposedly):

free shipping charge MS070 heavy gasoline chainsaw with25inch 30in 36inch 42inch alloy bar and saw chain, 105cc 4.8kw made in china

SW0.png

SW1.png

SW2.png
Sentway's image is labeled fugengtools, somewhat sketchy there.

"With ... 42" alloy bar and saw chain?" I don't know how someone gets chain alone out of China for $54.95, at least not if they wanted it to run at 7K saw RPM or more without exploding.

15 saws come to just under the price of one Stihl powerhead:
SW3.png

Maybe @arto_wa would be happy if I bought 1/10 gross for parts and made a saw out of them. I've heard about chrome plating flaking off the cylinder walls after 10-20 hours of use, so doing some figuring:

(15) MS070 @ $68.35 = $1025
$1025 / (15 hours run time average * 15 saws) = $4.56 / hour cost to run

(1) Stihl powerhead at $1320 / (2000 hours run time) = $0.66 / hour

Setting all other consumable costs equal, and ignoring Stihl's assumed advantage regarding fuel consumption, and ignoring repair labor, and needing at least two backup saws for when one brakes, China's saw easily wins the price comparison being seven times more expensive than Stihl. Except for @Frisian who bought a single kit for $200...

Thanks go to @chainsawman123 and @sean donato for investing in bringing us down this path of wonton destruction.

All in fun and friendship!

This thread caught my intrest, as the Chinese have taken over most of the worlds manufacturing with their low priced products.
I'm not saying China can't make high quality products, just look at their fighter jets, ships, spacecraft, nuclear, and biological weapons.
As Americans, we are responsible for the greatest voluntary wealth transfer in history, from the American poor and middle class to the communist who are using that wealth against us. We just can't resist cheap, disposable, chink garbage.
I'm even guilty of it, but anymore, everything I purchase, I look to see where it was made. If it's China I try to find something else, or pay more for not made in China. It's difficult and often I live without it. Sometimes I don't have any option, and contribute to the Chinese communist party.
If you have to have a saw, and buying the real one that the chinks copied and manufactured from recycled Chevys and ground up dogs will decrease your standard of living, I can not fault you for buying it. I hope it serves you well.
This spring we watched the Chinese implode the U.S. economy, and that of the entire planet, in three weeks without firing a shot.
Makes me wonder what they have in store for 2021.
And that piston will fit in that cylinder if you have the correct ring compressor.
I ask the mods to eject this racist from the board. Racial slurs have no place in civilized conversation. I’m a US Marine and correct people in person when they diatribe racist drivel after finding out I fought in Iraq. The America I fought for rejects racism. Referring to ANY group of people using demeaning language is ignorant and offends sensible, fair people. Throw this guy out.

Following @Short timer's link led to the Sentway Store (the maker of the saw, supposedly):

free shipping charge MS070 heavy gasoline chainsaw with25inch 30in 36inch 42inch alloy bar and saw chain, 105cc 4.8kw made in china

View attachment 866487

View attachment 866484

View attachment 866485
Sentway's image is labeled fugengtools, somewhat sketchy there.

"With ... 42" alloy bar and saw chain?" I don't know how someone gets chain alone out of China for $54.95, at least not if they wanted it to run at 7K saw RPM or more without exploding.

15 saws come to just under the price of one Stihl powerhead:
View attachment 866489

Maybe @arto_wa would be happy if I bought 1/10 gross for parts and made a saw out of them. I've heard about chrome plating flaking off the cylinder walls after 10-20 hours of use, so doing some figuring:

(15) MS070 @ $68.35 = $1025
$1025 / (15 hours run time average * 15 saws) = $4.56 / hour cost to run

(1) Stihl powerhead at $1320 / (2000 hours run time) = $0.66 / hour

Setting all other consumable costs equal, and ignoring Stihl's assumed advantage regarding fuel consumption, and ignoring repair labor, and needing at least two backup saws for when one brakes, China's saw easily wins the price comparison being seven times more expensive than Stihl. Except for @Frisian who bought a single kit for $200...

Thanks go to @chainsawman123 and @sean donato for investing in bringing us down this path of wonton destruction.

All in fun and friendship!

So I bought two. I am not the least disappointed. Had to modify the bar, work on the clutch a little, air cleaner did not fit perfectly, compression release needed some attention. It can pull the 404 through most any thing. Thanks

I ask the mods to eject this racist from the board. Racial slurs have no place in civilized conversation. I’m a US Marine and correct people in person when they diatribe racist drivel after finding out I fought in Iraq. The America I fought for rejects racism. Referring to ANY group of people using demeaning language is ignorant and offends sensible, fair people. Throw this guy out.

Chill, cupcake. I don't talk that way myself, but it didn't so much as make the needle on my give a damn meter twitch. This isn't civilized conversation, this is a bunch of guys out in the shop. Just a tip, if that's all it takes to get under your skin, you might want to avoid the rest of the internet.

Chill, cupcake. I don't talk that way myself, but it didn't so much as make the needle on my give a damn meter twitch. This isn't civilized conversation, this is a bunch of guys out in the shop. Just a tip, if that's all it takes to get under your skin, you might want to avoid the rest of the internet.
Right? He would have shat a brick in the old "modern warfare" world chats 13 years ago[emoji23][emoji23].

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

So I bought two. I am not the least disappointed. Had to modify the bar, work on the clutch a little, air cleaner did not fit perfectly, compression release needed some attention. It can pull the 404 through most any thing. Thanks
So for 50ish bucks...you got an actual saw?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Something very fishy about this whole thread. Proceed with caution chaps.

There have been a few Chinese bot’s on the forum recently..

My guess is the OP is a Chinese representative of the company doing a little “advertisement”

With a thread title written as it is (re-read it...) a new account, an account name of “Chainsawman 123” and this is likely his first post, not to mention he hasn’t replied to one persons comment, I fear you guys are being lead like a donkey with a carrot.

I could be wrong, but take a step back and process it all before sharing your bank details and opening a can of worms.
I have not read anything but the original post and this one I agree with you chingshit.

We should be on the lookout for Chinese (or any other) bots. But chainsawman123 is well known here. It's Gunny, who is responsible for much . . . oh, I don't know . . . entertainment, consternation, and much else.

As for sending $50 to China for a working saw, I can't imagine why. But I guess some folks have their reasons.

....As for sending $50 to China for a working saw, I can't imagine why. But I guess some folks have their reasons.
Cheaper than a kit saw & maybe it runs "out of the box." It's a great talking point pretty much anywhere, and if it doesn't fire up everyone laughs. If it explodes, they laugh harder. :crazy2:

Great for party games too. Instead of "hot potato" or Jinga you can play, "Can I Make The Cut?" :dancing:

Poor you so what are the next five threads going to be about .
how to fix this how to fix that I need a OEM part for this I need a OEM part for that
i never recived them thasy sent somthing to gettsburg pa dhgate is refunding my money the seller wont reply

Latest posts

Back