Just ordered me some 543XP's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys may have it backwards!

Everyone seems to be concluding that the 543xp is an orange GZ4300, but how do we know that it is not the other way around? Maybe the GZ4300 is a red, detuned 543xp, much as the RedMax G5300 is a red Husky 353 (which is a detuned 346xp). In short, the GZ4300 may be the non-xp version of the 543xp.

As SawTroll points out, the 4300 seems less well built, as it has a plastic chain catcher versus a metal one on the Husky. There are probably other differences as well. I predict that it will put out lower rpm's than the Husky. Sure there may be some design influences from RedMax, but that's true with all of the strato saws. (Isn't that why Husqvarna bought RedMax, to get their strato technology?) The Husky will prove to be better built and will have superior performance to justify what will certainly be a higher price. Husqvarna are not idiots--in spite of the fact that they are Swedish.

Spike's 242xp's shouldn't be laughing at him. The 543xp's will likely have the last laugh!

Doug

not a first!

Well, I guess that settles it! It's a Japanese Husqvarna--a first for an XP saw! :laugh:

Doug

You Husky Heads would even like a echo if husky painted it orange!! Truth be KNOWN Husky would not be where they are Today if they Did not BUY Redmax's Strato Technology! And YES this saw is a REDMAX who do you believe designed any of the new saws released since the merger with redmax? the 550, 560 and 562 and others were all influenced designs by redmax.. I just think its silly that if it says husky it must be the next coming.. Wait didn't Stihl have that calling a few years ago with the 361?

Scott

You Husky Heads would even like a echo if husky painted it orange!! Truth be KNOWN Husky would not be where they are Today if they Did not BUY Redmax's Strato Technology! And YES this saw is a REDMAX who do you believe designed any of the new saws released since the merger with redmax? the 550, 560 and 562 and others were all influenced designs by redmax.. I just think its silly that if it says husky it must be the next coming.. Wait didn't Stihl have that calling a few years ago with the 361?

Scott

It has never been much doubt that Huskys buyup of Zenoah in 2006 gave them an advantage over other brands regarding "strato" OPE - and that it was done exactly for that reason. :msp_biggrin:

Scott

That's a wee bit of an exaggeration. :msp_razz:

The 550 and 562 certainly incorporate the Strato technology that Red Max pioneered. But beyond that, they are entirely Swedish creations.

Spike hope you ordered a lot, I would like to have one but the problem of having husq around here is getting it worked on that all that I ever ran but starting to look at stills because of the dealer just 10 min. Away and is a good one too

Just don't know what to do

Spike hope you ordered a lot, I would like to have one but the problem of having husq around here is getting it worked on that all that I ever ran but starting to look at stills because of the dealer just 10 min. Away and is a good one too

Just don't know what to do

Get the saw you want, run it, use it, work on it yourself if it ever needs it.

To get used to it, thinking "saw", start with a smaller pro husky, something cheap that needs a lot of work. Tear that boy down to everything, clean it, repair it, build it back up. Once you have hands on muscle memory doing repairs, it gets easier and easier.

That's a wee bit of an exaggeration. :msp_razz:

The 550 and 562 certainly incorporate the Strato technology that Red Max pioneered. But beyond that, they are entirely Swedish creations.

Surely it is, and those saws are - he is just jealous on behalf of Dolmar! :D

Surely it is, and those saws are - he is just jealous on behalf of Dolmar! :D

Niko Im not jealous at all I dont know where that came from! I am though UNIMPRESSED by Husqvarna and thier Parts System that we now have to use with REDMAX and the mislabeled parts out of NC. Ohh Yea this Husky ride is sweet NOT! Redmax gets a few duds from the Husky line for us to sell and they get redmax's best to add to their lineup Again thank You Mama Husky..... Their is a Reason I sell alot more Dolmar Saws than Redmax or relabeled huskys..

Ohh btw seems 90% of huskys I have seen of late have had lower end failures that took out top ends to boot. Also worn knee joint's on 372's come on that should never wear out yea Im seeing allot of broken huskys of late no big deal I just junk em and sell more Dolmars

Scott

Are you saying your dealer has the 543XP on the shelf?

Yes Brad,
There are either one or two sitting on the shelf currently. I was curious because when I saw it in person, I had never seen one before nor heard about it. It had a nice weight to it and balanced nicely. I won't post the link, but if you Google Augusta Saw & Mower (Augusta KS) you will find them. They could have sold them since I was in as they do a decent amount of business, but most of their customers are fairly traditional and pragmatic so "New or substantially different" products tend to it there for a bit until people warm up to them. If you call them talk to either Joe or Rocky. There's a younger guy and he's not bad either.

I hope your ship date is better than mine, Bob :msp_ohmy: Not on weborder but the actual processed order screen!

I hope your ship date is better than mine, Bob :msp_ohmy: Not on weborder but the actual processed order screen!

Ah yeah, well it WAS better. The system cleared the order and I can't re-enter one. Now it just shows "2014 SKU" and I gotta wait just like you.

We aren't going to repeat that sneaky deal we did when we got the 555's before we were supposed to. :msp_rolleyes:

Ah yeah, well it WAS better. The system cleared the order and I can't re-enter one. Now it just shows "2014 SKU" and I gotta wait just like you.

We aren't going to repeat that sneaky deal we did when we got the 555's before we were supposed to. :msp_rolleyes:

I'm not holding my breath on anything at this point. Just gonna move forward with what's in the shelf and make pretend I don't know what a 543xp is LOL

I mean, the least they could do is pop some 346's in the mail as a consolation prize.....

Rep told me none available and no eta. Said they just notified him that they were coming down the pipe last week.