Just purchased low hour 056....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just purchased this low hour, near minty stihl 056. Has been sitting with fuel in it for 4 or so years. Dumped all gas out, and am getting a carb rebuild kit. It will start easily on spray.
While cleaning it up, I pulled muffler....this is what I found...
image.jpeg
Piston looks amazing..haven't checked compression yet...need to pony up for a good tester..turned the flywheel a bit more to look at rings....
image.jpg
Lower ring seems to be inside piston groove...upper ring is gone?? With the low hours of this saw...I can't see that the jug has ever been taken off. Anyone else ever run into this?
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Can't say it was a steal...fair would be more like it. A lady that's husband left her....left her with a ranch, hasn't been back in 4 or so years...she is trying to sell some of the stuff she can't use on the ranch. Got an ms460, 036 pro, and this 056 in trade for a great running ms180 that I had $45 into+ 450 cash. 460 needed a new top end...but was low hours itself...cleaned up almost new looking.

Back