Just scored a 3120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up a less than a year old 3120 that has about 3 hours run time on it. I'm very excited, been wanting one for a long time. It will be on my mill this next summer and I will compair it to my 084 and 395.

Three big bore saws... don't think you'll fall short in the cc department anytime soon. Curious what you paid for a saw with only 3 hours on it?

I picked up a less than a year old 3120 that has about 3 hours run time on it. I'm very excited, been wanting one for a long time. It will be on my mill this next summer and I will compair it to my 084 and 395.

12 step program anyone? Congrats on the new saw. I like mine, great milling saw. More civilizedand faster than my muffler modded 066.

Mark

Hey congratulations on the saw:clap: I just got the 395xp I see you have got one too what do you think about it for milling? The 3120 looks like a monster!! I know on pro-cuts website he mentions that the 3120 will cut "anything your want" lots of cc's awesome!! Hey where is Frederic? I live in Brooklyn about 45min south of Jackson where the MIS speedway is. Well we will keep a lookout for some pics of that monster in action!! Happy New Year

Hey congratulations on the saw:clap: I just got the 395xp I see you have got one too what do you think about it for milling? The 3120 looks like a monster!! I know on pro-cuts website he mentions that the 3120 will cut "anything your want" lots of cc's awesome!! Hey where is Frederic? I live in Brooklyn about 45min south of Jackson where the MIS speedway is. Well we will keep a lookout for some pics of that monster in action!! Happy New Year

I've had many saws on my mill and the 395 just always seems to end up back on it. The 395 works real good for me with a 42" bar. Hope this 3120 changes that cause I want to use the 395 to block out my large carvings.
I'm in between Grayling and Gaylord, but have been working closer to you lately, White Lake area. Happy new year

Hey I've been up your way snowmobiling back in the early to mid 90's nice area and one of my best friends moved from White Lake to Brooklyn about 4 Yrs. ago. Thanks for the info on your 395 I am going to run a 24 to 36" bar so sounds like the 395 will do nicely. Again congrats on the saw!!

Congratulation's :clap:I love my new 395xp please if that 3120 rocks keep it
on the down low or I will have three, 2101,395,372mod372stock, I do not
need more:cry: trying to heal!

My understanding from Steve fro NZ and the IPLs, that simply by swapping in

The black coil p/n 503138501 and flywheel 501895001, you end up with the old rev limit of around 12k as opposed to the US models with around 9.6k. (My understanding is that these are the parts that come from Husky on the 3120 to countries outside the US and Canada.)

Has anyone tried to order these parts in the US? Seems like it might be a nice compromise between fully modifying the 3120 to have no limit and the current limit which some find onerous.

I like the idea of the swapped coil and flywheel, because it is totally reversable.

Last edited:
My understanding from Steve fro NZ and the IPLs, that simply by swapping in

The black coil p/n 503138501 and flywheel 501895001, you end up with the old rev limit of around 12k as opposed to the US models with around 9.6k. (My understanding is that these are the parts that come from Husky on the 3120 to countries outside the US and Canada.)

Has anyone tried to order these parts in the US? Seems like it might be a nice compromise between fully modifying the 3120 to have no limit and the current limit which some find onerous.

I like the idea of the swapped coil and flywheel, because it is totally reversable.

I heard back from Baileys and they are not allowed to sell the other coil and flywheel, because is classified as non EPA and they by law are only allowed to sell EPA compliant parts.

My guess is that this will be the story with all Husky dealers (in the US...)

Latest posts

Back