KC, MO cut Saturday Feb 28th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Goodmorning Fella's,

As the title states I have secured a location for a cut, the location is about 10 miles east of
the KCI airport and a couple of miles North of 435.

The landowner wil supply lunch for us, but will need an acurate head count to plan accordingly.

Cut site has the typical mix of MO trees, lots of dead standin and trees which have been pushed
down the past couple of years.

Should be enough cutting and splitting to keep us busy for the day :)

Chet

Morning Kenneth, a little bit of everything. Nothing huge, the largest is probably 20"
If we get everything done he has some big cottonwoods we can fell and cut.
The landowner and I are going to ride around the property and mark trees next week if it stop
raining and dries out a little. I will have a better idea of exact sizes then.

subscribed - not far from me at all - My wife and I are interested in meeting some good folks. Looking for more details on whats going to take place, whats needed as far as equipment..., whats happening with the wood...etc..

msvold, come on over!

We will fell, cut and split any and all trees the owners OK's.
The following equipt. is confirmed:
JD 3010D with loader, Polaris ranger, skidsteer, 2 tandem axle dump trucks, miller bobcat for onsite power, and a
D9 Cat dozer just in case the **** get's really deep :)
The landowner is giving us all of the wood, what is not hauled away will be piled on his property
for those in need and can contact me anytime after the cut to pickup a load.
Anyone who attends can take wood with them.

Hope this clarifies things a little.

I'll try to make it if the wife isn't working. Kids are a little young yet to be following me with this kind of work.

What about the brush? Does it have to be hauled off, or will the landowner be pushing it into a pile to burn?

Starting time will be 0800.

The brush can stay on site, since it is Feb. and a lot of this has been dead for awhile
I thought we might use it to start a small fire and be able to warm up.

Will check with the wife maybe I can drop her off at IKEA and come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of catering does the landowner do? What kind of food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msvold, come on over!

We will fell, cut and split any and all trees the owners OK's.
The following equipt. is confirmed:
JD 3010D with loader, Polaris ranger, skidsteer, 2 tandem axle dump trucks, miller bobcat for onsite power, and a
D9 Cat dozer just in case the **** get's really deep :)
The landowner is giving us all of the wood, what is not hauled away will be piled on his property
for those in need and can contact me anytime after the cut to pickup a load.
Anyone who attends can take wood with them.

Hope this clarifies things a little.

No splitters?

If I was to guess food would be something smoked, most likely pork butts (just a guess)

No splitters yet......neither I nor the landowner burn wood. I just do it for fun and to keep me outside.

Latest posts

Back