KC, MO cut Saturday Feb 28th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. So just a quick update on the Charity portion. I have one food bank that is actively screening their applicants as of tomorrow. I have two other organizations that have my name and number and know to contact me if they find someone in need. The main food bank is in Excelsior Springs, so I am in that area weekly (one of my schools). Sounds like we will have a place to donate the firewood regardless. As far as saws to bring, I'd say this can be a little charity cut and a little GTG as well. I am going to bring my pair of 026 saws and the 660. I know we all take a little time to shoot the breeze anyway. I'm game for breakfast before or a dinner afterward. I know we are going to have lunch there. I'm just really excited to get a charity cut program started here!

You Might consider getting logs drug up early. Looks like it will be a good turn out.

I've requested the whole week prior off from work, so if my leave gets approved, I plan on having a few logs down and ready to drag up at least. I figured it would be safer to have a good portion of the felling done prior so there aren't a ton of people falling trees at the same time.

Attendance list. Update as needed:
jetmd + 2
msvold
gritz
lasmacgod
sam-tip (splitter and stuff)
wkend lumberjak (splitter)
67L36Driver and family--maybe
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties
Homelite410

If I missed anyone please jump in and update.
Have a safe day!

Ok, so I have an additional food pantry that will take firewood. I had actually forgotten that I emailed them. For them, they would just want it stacked up along the side of their food pantry and they would distribute it on an as needed basis. This will be a good one for me to stockpile in my spare time if nothing else. I also found a commercial property that needs cleared completely out. The guy said he will be having a dozer come in about a week and a half, so it doesn't give much time. Anybody game for rolling with me to go down to clear that lot? If so, just send me a PM. This just kind of popped up.

Ok, so I have an additional food pantry that will take firewood. I had actually forgotten that I emailed them. For them, they would just want it stacked up along the side of their food pantry and they would distribute it on an as needed basis. This will be a good one for me to stockpile in my spare time if nothing else. I also found a commercial property that needs cleared completely out. The guy said he will be having a dozer come in about a week and a half, so it doesn't give much time. Anybody game for rolling with me to go down to clear that lot? If so, just send me a PM. This just kind of popped up.

Talk the food pantry into letting you dump it, not stack it. Stacking 10 cord of wood takes an enormous amount of time; besides, the customer could care less. They will just back their truck/trailer up and throw it in.

Talk the food pantry into letting you dump it, not stack it. Stacking 10 cord of wood takes an enormous amount of time; besides, the customer could care less. They will just back their truck/trailer up and throw it in.

Good point. I don't know what kind of room they have for that, but I know a guy with a 20' dump trailer. I can probably convince him to help me out. I work on his saws for him.

Just a quick update:

Gritz, lasmacgod and I went to the cut site on Sunday morning and dropped a few trees and drug some out.
I had kind of gotten worried that I would not have enough work to keep everyone coming busy for the day,
but I believe we will have plenty to do as long as the weather cooperates.

In the afternoon Gritz and my wife and I went back and cut and split 1 pickup load of hedge, then Brenda and I
took it to a gentleman in KC, KS that has no heat other than wood and he was almost out. All I can say is Wow!
It was a great feeling to help out, but also sad. Really makes us appreciate all we have. This was the first load
I have every taken to someone in need.

Just a quick update:

Gritz, lasmacgod and I went to the cut site on Sunday morning and dropped a few trees and drug some out.
I had kind of gotten worried that I would not have enough work to keep everyone coming busy for the day,
but I believe we will have plenty to do as long as the weather cooperates.

In the afternoon Gritz and my wife and I went back and cut and split 1 pickup load of hedge, then Brenda and I
took it to a gentleman in KC, KS that has no heat other than wood and he was almost out. All I can say is Wow!
It was a great feeling to help out, but also sad. Really makes us appreciate all we have. This was the first load
I have every taken to someone in need.

:numberone::numberone::numberone::numberone::hi::hi::hi::hi:

Back