KC, MO cut Saturday Feb 28th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attendance list. Update as needed:
jetmd + 2
msvold
gritz
lasmacgod
sam-tip (splitter and stuff)
wkend lumberjak (splitter)
67L36Driver and family--maybe
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties
Homelite410
MillerModSaws--maybe

Yeah, it was a good day of cutting yesterday. Even found a challenge for the 660. Getting pretty excited. The wife made mention of possibly making cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Should I use my master convincing skills to make sure she makes some?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 10
Safety Briefing:

We will be conducting a safety briefing Friday night 27 FEB at the shop located at my house starting at 6pm.
I am going to smoke a turkey for those that wish to eat. If you want to bring something to share that would be great.
Adult beverage's are acceptable and may be consumed at your own risk :) As long as it does not hinder your
productivity Saturday!
If you would like to attend please send me a PM and I will give you directions.
Special thanks to Mike for always putting Safety First......

I wish I could be there as it's only 15 minutes from my house. Unfortunately I leave town for work on the 22nd and have no idea when I will return. If anybody would like to take a few Mastermind saws or a crappy 37 ton Huskee splitter mine are available. I'm about 4 miles south of the airport.

I wan't to correct a rumor going around that I am a hard worker. I think it was started by my wife, she told someone that I was a hardly working man and they took it wrong. I just don't want anyone to expect too much out of me at the charity cut. My saws are slow my chains are dull and my splitter well, it's a splitter. I do excel when it is time to strap on the feed bag so at least I can help out there.

Stopped by the food pantry this week and talked to the guy that runs it. Pretty rad dude, and a veteran as well! Anyway, there's not room to dump firewood, barely enough room to stack really. I'll probably just haul a truckload at a time and stack it up. The nice thing is that I can come and go as I please.

I wan't to correct a rumor going around that I am a hard worker. I think it was started by my wife, she told someone that I was a hardly working man and they took it wrong. I just don't want anyone to expect too much out of me at the charity cut. My saws are slow my chains are dull and my splitter well, it's a splitter. I do excel when it is time to strap on the feed bag so at least I can help out there.

+1 on hardly working. I won't even mop the floor on command. Plus, I lack a splitter unless you count a steel wedge and a sledge hammer.

We're not going to be trying to break any records. Just as long as we end up with a pile-o-wood and have a fun, safe time. Chet, Eric and I went out today and cut up the rest of a big mulberrry (rocked a few chains n the process), and drug out a few more trees. Looks like we'll have plenty for everyone to do as much they are able to on the 28th.

jetmd + 2
msvold
gritz + 1
lasmacgod
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties
Homelite410
MillerModSaws--maybe

Put me down for this shindig, I may have a hoodlum or two with me also, Friday afternoon til quitting time Saturday.

jetmd + 2
msvold
gritz + 1
lasmacgod
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties
Homelite410
MillerModSaws--maybe
awol

OK Gentlemen, I will be giving Eric (landowner) a head count this Saturday
21 Feb for the cut. This will give him a week to purchase and prep food for the
day of the cut. If you have any changes to the list please update.
Thanks!

jetmd + 3
msvold
gritz + 1
lasmacgod
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties
Homelite410
MillerModSaws--maybe
awol

jetmd + 3
msvold
gritz + 1
lasmacgod
wkend lumberjak (splitter) +1or2
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties
Homelite410
MillerModSaws--maybe
awol
Hinerman

Well, I received three names yesterday. Two of them will be fine until the 28th, so I'm going to try and get a truck load to the one gentleman this weekend. I'm getting pretty excited for the 28th. Can't wait to meet all the new faces and see some of you that I have met previously again!

jetmd + 3
msvold
gritz + 2
lasmacgod
wkend lumberjak (splitter) +1or2
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties
Homelite410
MillerModSaws--maybe
awol
Hinerman

I added one more for me. Anybody else planning on making it or know for sure they can't? I think we'll have plenty to cut out there. I think somebody asked about bringing another splitter? Maybe it was in the GTG thread. Anyway, I think with the three coming with sam-tip, wkend lumberjak, and warjohn, we will have enough as there will be one on site as well making 4 total. Worst case scenario, I'll race one of the splitters with my maul. Plus, I'm sure we'll need an excuse to cut some noodles, lol.

Back