KC, MO cut Saturday Feb 28th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like:

jetmd + 3
msvold
gritz + 2
lasmacgod
sam-tip (splitter and stuff)
wkend lumberjak (splitter) +1or2
67L36Driver and family--maybe
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties
Homelite410 +2
MillerModSaws--maybe
awol
Hinerman

Looks like I will give Eric a head count of 24 this should give us a little +/- tolerance, I have ate at
several events which Eric has supplied food and I am sure no one will go hungry.

Very well Sir, this should be a good time. At least I will do my best to not screw it up!

If you are stressing----don't!!! You are providing wood and food, lots of both it sounds like. We will do the rest. Good time is guaranteed. The real work begins when we all leave---storing, delivering, and finding the next place to cut.

What the voltage in the power line behind the tree? I will bring a big bull rope and throw bag to help the tree in the direction of our choice.

I can bring two super splits if you think we could use both?

Doug, the powerlines are not as close as they look in the picture. Just my poor photography skills.
But the bull rope would be a good idea to bring along.
I really don't think we will need both, counting 1 of yours and the others we should have 4 splitters on site.

What the voltage in the power line behind the tree? I will bring a big bull rope and throw bag to help the tree in the direction of our choice.

I can bring two super splits if you think we could use both?

Bring it (the Super Split). If we have plenty of sawyers I will run one of them :) Most people like to cut anyway. I can run the HD too unless you already have an operator.

Saturday morning we will attempt to start the cut at 8am +/-

Gritz' wife has graciously committed to making her homemade cinnamon rolls for us.

Homelite410 has agreed to make breakfast Saturday morning before the cut at my shop,
I will supply the sausage and biscuits just need to know who will be stopping by.
They way I see it I can go straight from Mike's breakfast to the cut site, have 2 or 3 rolls,
a couple glasses of milk and supervise from the cab of my truck with the heat on high! :)

Got another load cut today. Also, secured a few more places to cut. Going to make a delivery in the morning. Eric and I will go cut a few more trees and get them drug up for people to get started on bucking and splitting on Saturday.

Breakfast, let's talk breakfast. I'll pony up a dozen eggs n a pound of bacon!

Saturday morning we will attempt to start the cut at 8am +/-

Gritz' wife has graciously committed to making her homemade cinnamon rolls for us.

Homelite410 has agreed to make breakfast Saturday morning before the cut at my shop,
I will supply the sausage and biscuits just need to know who will be stopping by.
They way I see it I can go straight from Mike's breakfast to the cut site, have 2 or 3 rolls,
a couple glasses of milk and supervise from the cab of my truck with the heat on high! :)

Let me get this straight. Now we have breakfast, which will include bacon, sausage, biscuits, eggs, coffee (probably donuts), milk, and 2-3 cinnamon rolls. How many hammocks and reclining lawn chairs do we need so we can all sleep off breakfast? I won't be worth a **** until after noon if I eat a breakfast like that. But wait, can't start working just yet because the caterer is serving lunch. Time for another nap. Is this a Charity Cut or a GTG? Do I even need to bring a saw or just an appetite and a sleeping bag? I can't wait :)

FYI, I prefer to throw in cash for breakfast.

Let me get this straight. Now we have breakfast, which will include bacon, sausage, biscuits, eggs, coffee (probably donuts), milk, and 2-3 cinnamon rolls. How many hammocks and reclining lawn chairs do we need so we can all sleep off breakfast? I won't be worth a **** until after noon if I eat a breakfast like that. But wait, can't start working just yet because the caterer is serving lunch. Time for another nap. Is this a Charity Cut or a GTG? Do I even need to bring a saw or just an appetite and a sleeping bag? I can't wait :)

FYI, I prefer to throw in cash for breakfast.

lol! At least nobody will go hungry. Breakfast is like, a serious deal over here in the outskirts of KC. My vote is that we cut like there's no tomorrow, and maybe we will be done with the majority of the stuff before lunch, then transition to GTG mode. Maybe we can leave some tall stumps and carve them into arm chairs and chaise lounges for the afternoon nap? I plan on delivering one load that afternoon. I still have one gentleman on my list that I need to get wood delivered to, but my truck doesn't mind holding a load overnight if we want to hang out for awhile.

Back