Keep it simple?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmk

ArboristSite Lurker
Ah, thanks for clearing that up Carburetorless!
Learned to make eyesplices this weekend btw. Much more simple than i thougth!

Got to get some instruction before I start roping as I've never done that but plan as of now is to get a 11.5mm arborist rope, false crotch strap to get rid of som friction, and use a blakes. This will be used as lifeline and for limbwalking, no ascending. Sounds okay?

I've realised that Jolly is right about me not liking the answer and I owe him an apology.

TheJollyLogger

TheJollyLogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Now worries. Another thing to remember about a rborists and their gear is we may spend 40+ hours a week saddled up. Small details become large after a while. That less than smooth homemade lanyard may not bug you the first hour, but by the end of the week you're ready to throw it in the trash. Most of those fancy little "toys" you're seeing were designed by climbers with years of experience who got tired of suffering.

Hmk

ArboristSite Lurker
Now worries. Another thing to remember about a rborists and their gear is we may spend 40+ hours a week saddled up. Small details become large after a while. That less than smooth homemade lanyard may not bug you the first hour, but by the end of the week you're ready to throw it in the trash. Most of those fancy little "toys" you're seeing were designed by climbers with years of experience who got tired of suffering.
Yeah, that makes sense.
I dont even spend hours a week in trees on avrage.. It's just occasionally, and compared to what you guys do very easy stuff. But I'd like to have a lifeline, and I would like to have the opportunity for better positioning if required (ie limb walking). Especially since I plan/hope to do more work in the private marked.

Latest posts