Killed my Dolmar 5100S??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Sugar hows the mators in Minn? LOL

I've been reading this thread and taking it all in and comparing to my Minn 5100. My 5100 has been trouble free. Like I said I'm picking about my chains, fuel and filters but to date I've never fried any brand of saw.

Far as E10 fuels goes that stuff is a pain in the azz for sure. Seems to draw water like crazy. I say for the price of a gallon of gas always get new and pitch that old gas after few months.

BTW Sugar I forgot to send you that 25lb mator I grew last year, sorry about that,LOL

you've sent me enough BS to make up for the mator. :cheers:

I did notice dirt on the inside of my filter, after I run only about 3 tanks full of fuel thru it. I was dead set on getting a ms260, now wish I would of spent the extra money and got one. I do not like getting a brand new saw and it is in the shop for 3 weeks until I hear that they just got the approval to work on it, that does not say much for there saws or there dealers. My dealer was a napa auto parts store, go figure. Any one thinking of getting a Dolmar, dont waste your money.

Idiotic post. You either got a dud saw, which happens with all brands from time to time, or you did something wrong with it. Either way, get it fixed and get back to work.

I think that few people whose opinion is actually worth a crap would dispute that Dolmar makes a good saw.

you where lucky to get a minnesota 5100 ;) I've yet to have a 5100 come back for anything other then an rpm check. thats 4 + years, about the only thing I may do differant then most Dealers is they all are sold with .325. I don't like 3/8 on a 50cc saw. not sure what to say about the ethynol, I tell my customers to use the highest octane available but doubt if they all do. (we do have ethynol in much of our gas.) I have a hunch most of these problems is operater induced or BS.

Right, no way a 50cc saw should be running 3/8 unless strictly limbing small stuff, avoid ethonal, adjust them right, not on the edge of melting, if the saw has a air leak FIX it, don't run it at a zillion RPM if the chain is dull, it's all simple stuff and no brand is immune to people who don't have a clue. Steve

you do know this could get out of control, but then again maybe eveybody would foget what they were arguing about.:D :D

Awwwwwwww the way I figure its just a saw. All brands fail time to time. All brands can and do let the operator down at times so I don't see the big deal about this one saw.

We ole timers have seen many saws take a hike to saw heaven no matter the brand so tant no biggie to me...

Awwwwwwww the way I figure its just a saw. All brands fail time to time. All brands can and do let the operator down at times so I don't see the big deal about this one saw.

We ole timers have seen many saws take a hike to saw heaven no matter the brand so tant no biggie to me...

Hey Tom, I'm just wondering what percentage of saws fail because of the operater(dull chain, bad fuel,no oil in gas,etc)and what percent fail because of an actual defect in the saw.
I'm thinking a high percentage of the operator.:monkey:

Hey Tom, I'm just wondering what percentage of saws fail because of the operater(dull chain, bad fuel,no oil in gas,etc)and what percent fail because of an actual defect in the saw.
I'm thinking a high percentage of the operator.:monkey:

Good point. From some I have seen with my own eyes I'd say the % is much much higher on the operator than the saw itself. Hell I catch hell all the time when I refuse to sharpen a chain thats beyond sharpening. They give me a fit and I tell them forget it, I'm not taking your money handing you back a chain that I know won't cut. They get pizzed but oh well.

A friend burnt up a 280 stihl last sumner and traded it in on a 5100.

I didn't pick on him because it was a stihl.( Actually i didn't think my Dolmar would have handled that straight gas any better.)

Idiotic post. You either got a dud saw, which happens with all brands from time to time, or you did something wrong with it. Either way, get it fixed and get back to work.

I think that few people whose opinion is actually worth a crap would dispute that Dolmar makes a good saw.

They do, no doubt about that! :cheers: :agree2:

I'm sure that you dealers have seen countless saws come in with the air filter plugged, foul gas in the tank and a dull chain and the operator says it won't run right. Duhhh!!!
Well at least I have.:dunno:

I'm sure that you dealers have seen countless saws come in with the air filter plugged, foul gas in the tank and a dull chain and the operator says it won't run right. Duhhh!!!
Well at least I have.:dunno:

Same here. I've seen saws you would not beleive. I love it when they say it quit running, don't understand why, I go you mean it was actually running,LOLOL

Either way basically calling him an idiot is not cool. The guy spent his hard earned money on a saw that went to $hit and it took three weeks two get an answer from the dealer, dud saw or not he has a right to be pissed. Maybe he doesn't have 5 backups like most guy on here do.

Either way basically calling him an idiot is not cool. The guy spent his hard earned money on a saw that went to $hit and it took three weeks two get an answer from the dealer, dud saw or not he has a right to be pissed. Maybe he doesn't have 5 backups like most guy on here do.

Absolutely. But what computeruser was getting at is that it wasn't because it was a Dolmar. The same thing could have happed with an MS260. It could have happened to any brand, any saw. I've heard similar complaints from Stihl users, Husky users alike. But it's also not his fault if he has a crappy dealer.

Absolutely. But what computeruser was getting at is that it wasn't because it was a Dolmar. The same thing could have happed with an MS260. It could have happened to any brand, any saw. I've heard similar complaints from Stihl users, Husky users alike. But it's also not his fault if he has a crappy dealer.

I think the problem might be that Dolmar is licensing napa stores or any tom, #### and harry to sell their products. I had a 192 that was in the shop 3 times before it got broke in. The difference is a reputable dealer {like yourself} makes it right or gives you a new one which mine did. 3 weeks would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth.

I think the problem might be that Dolmar is licensing napa stores or any tom, #### and harry to sell their products. I had a 192 that was in the shop 3 times before it got broke in. The difference is a reputable dealer {like yourself} makes it right or gives you a new one which mine did. 3 weeks would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth.

Wow and Husky only sells in Dealers......:) :)

Spacemule we need a Husky down off the rack in Isle 6 please........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back