Kindling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeX0rz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So today I had my first kindling customer. I must say, that was an experience! Got out there with the wife and had it pretty easy as far as retrieving the wood. I've been getting some wood from a guy locally who I made a deal with and he had a pile of slash below his road. I pulled out 5 logs. 3 were cedar and 2 tamarack. I gave him the tamarack and got my cedar logs. Used a tow strap and chain as the choker and slid them onto the road below the slash pile.

I bucked the rounds and took them home for splitting. I must say, these cedar logs must have been sitting for a few years! They were practically rocks and it took my 8lb maul and quit a bit of some muscle to split them. Then I took a small axe and split them into kindling pieces. I had 44-45 16" rounds of an avg diameter of 10-12 inches. Needless to say, with 6 hours work, we have half of it done and I sold the half to the lady for $60. So I still have another $60 worth to make!

Anyone have big business in the kindling? I need to invent a splitting head for my log splitter so I can make kindling easier!

There a couple machines on youtube that you feed 12" long rounds into and its all done in one push then comes down a slide so it can be fed into a bag neat as a pin.

Latest posts

Back