King or Princess? (I mean Blaze king stoves)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a second... you've had this stove only about a year and your an "expert"? Bwhahaha!

We have used this stove for nearly two seasons now but have been heating our home with wood nearly our whole life. I've never claimed to be an expert...actually, I've said many times on this forum just the opposite. I am sharing my life long experiences with people on this forum. If what I have to say has no value to someone, hey...I'm ok with that. I'm no expert but my intensions are to help others if I can.

Tired of hearing Idahonative keep posting the same story over and over and over again to the degree that it should basically be gospel.

Pretty much to the tune of:
You don't run your Blaze King to 2000* to "clean" it and don't get 2 days on a armload of wood? You're wrong.

Your a troll.
I see it a bit different. My take is that @ValleyFirewood and @Idahonative don't reside close together on the BK experience spectrum. I enjoy reading about BK's regardless of where the poster falls on this spectrum. Now, as a WS stove owner, by definition, any post I make regarding a BK is trolling. :laugh:

Tired of hearing Idahonative keep posting the same story over and over and over again to the degree that it should basically be gospel.

Pretty much to the tune of:
You don't run your Blaze King to 2000* to "clean" it and don't get 2 days on a armload of wood? You're wrong.

And i suppose YOU are a BK expert to say he's wrong, because hes not.

I see it a bit different. My take is that @ValleyFirewood and @Idahonative don't reside close together on the BK experience spectrum. I enjoy reading about BK's regardless of where to poster falls on this spectrum. Now, as a WS stove owner, by definition, any post I make regarding a BK is trolling. :laugh:

I actually really want to see a WS progress hybrid in person, the IS looks cool too but i think even without the gaudy panels theyre kinda ugly, thats saying something from a guy with a princess ultra.....

I actually really want to see a WS progress hybrid in person, the IS looks cool too but i think even without the gaudy panels theyre kinda ugly, thats saying something from a guy with a princess ultra.....
I bought my Fireview never having seen one in person, just pictures on the internet. When my sweep was taking off the packing box, I was just a bit nervous not knowing if I would like it - my first reaction was wow - it looks so much better than I was expecting; the ornate look really stands out in pictures, but in person it does not. Weird.

I'm still not sold on the hybrid designs - read all the PH threads and decided that I would go with the tried and true Fireview design; went contrary to the "get more stove than you need" mantra - I think I am right at the limits of the Fireview (just like my old Hearthstone); makes the game of keeping the house warm during the real cold snaps a bit more fun.

If you are happy with the princess, why would you be interested in the PH? Just to try something new?

No, although I've had this stove going on 6 years now and have been heating with wood almost all my life. Either way I don't keep sounding like a broken record with my little spiel that no one agrees with.

And i suppose YOU are a BK expert to say he's wrong, because hes not.

No, although I've had this stove going on 6 years now and have been heating with wood almost all my life. Either way I don't keep sounding like a broken record with my little spiel that no one agrees with.

Actually you do sound like a broken record...sounds like, over and over, you don't know how to run your stove. But hey, I'm no expert:).

BTW: Do you go around and take a poll...how do you know what everyone agrees or disagrees with? Or do you just take it upon yourself to pass your opinion off as "everyones" opinion?

I find it odd that you disagree about the drying in heaps on the other thread and still haven't shown ANY proof of the MC of your final product, not even a hint of knowing or having checked MC. What species, maybe I'm thinking you have oak in there. Maybe it's all spruce and poplar?

We can start a pissing match very easily, but what's the fun in that. Btw, I think you're **** is bigger than mine, must be with all of the putting people down and not being able to having an objective conversation.

OK, gents, don't turn my thread into a peeing contest. It's not possible to win one of those. Believe me, I tried. My brother and I got into one when we were about 5 and 6.
Two boys peeing into the same toilet will inevitably result in a pee fight. I got his pillow soaked (I don't know why he brought it into the bathroom) but he got me in the mouth. No winners there.

Anyway, to answer an earlier question, I think I'm getting the hang of the stove. The longer the burn time, the less heat output, and this drafty old house needs the heat. I keep it going hot enough to keep the main level warm, and it's working pretty well. Still haven't turned on the boiler, (except for a few hours during our New Year's Eve party) but it's still not really cold here. Maybe next week it'll get below freezing.

So far so good, and I'm getting used to it. Happy.

he got me in the mouth
So, is there any truth to the statement that some beers taste like piss water? :laugh:

Glad to hear it is working out. I don't think it matters what kind of stove you get, they all take some time to learn to run for your needs and individual heating challenges. Been running mine for three months and got the shoulder season stuff down ... now its cold and I've got to run it a bit different to get the results I want. Part of the fun of these things.

I find it odd that you disagree about the drying in heaps on the other thread and still haven't shown ANY proof of the MC of your final product, not even a hint of knowing or having checked MC. What species, maybe I'm thinking you have oak in there. Maybe it's all spruce and poplar?

We can start a pissing match very easily, but what's the fun in that. Btw, I think you're **** is bigger than mine, must be with all of the putting people down and not being able to having an objective conversation.

I don't need to check the moisture, I don't sell seasoned wood.

King running on a 6” chimney.....

693f893831996fd4c83a6693fa69af6d.jpg

4dc0b0db2c125e14fa421d44654b3769.jpg

We have approx 8’ of double wall inside and approx 20’ of class A above the roof. I did swap the old single wall for double when the Princess couldn’t maintain flue temps and I was getting build up.

Granted this isn’t a full load, but it’s 48 outside right now.

I’m still learning the ins and outs of running the stove efficiently, but I don’t think we’re going to have any issues with the smaller chimney given we get crazy draft when it’s actually cold out.

28' of vertical chimney will do a lot to overcome lack of draft from a 6" compared to an 8". It looks like a little single wall reducer on the stove top and right into the double wall. Doing it that way really takes your eyes away from the size change.

It is an 8 to 6 reducer right into the double wall.

Prior to the BK, with the Hearthstone I actually had to cover the air intake to keep the stove from getting carried away.

Back