knuckleboom crane truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow so you married money or your just slumming huh , because your dropping some big coin not thats its my business but I have to admit I am green with envy

no i do removals for a lot of companies not just my own its all we do I'm just outfitted for the whole nine yards of it. we did a few for davey this year. the original plans where to get a stick crane also but after getting use to this operation was just so much easier and smoother for a crew like mine.

we picked up some big contracts along the way that helped pay also we take care of a few 60+ acre lots

Wow so you married money or your just slumming huh , because your dropping some big coin not thats its my business but I have to admit I am green with envy

i invited others come down and check that thing out one time its like a whole different world of tree work your more than welcome to come check it out if you want.

Gotcha wink wink .....

haha no theirs some other tree guys on here that know we take care of 3 municipalities at the moment doing crane removal. if i married into it id be sitting on my ass or stump grinding for a living.

im gonna put the 500 series boom on a mack granite .

Oak Tree Take Down Part 2.m4v - YouTube

I would have gotten up around 8thirty, rubbed one off, dropped that thing either in the yard or the street and picked up my kid at 3thirty not spending a dime on worker's comp.

ya that was an easy tree for sure took less than 3 hours even the way we did it if i remember correctly was for a law firm tho tried to minimize the divots in the grass. their footing the bill for the time so why not rake it in.

ya that was an easy tree for sure took less than 3 hours even the way we did it if i remember correctly was for a law firm tho tried to minimize the divots in the grass. their footing the bill for the time so why not rake it in.

You better put some #### together though make it a hard day , cause we make guys money when we sub ... Its a respect thing I never leave a bad taste in anyones mouth unless they ask for it

You better put some #### together though make it a hard day , cause we make guys money when we sub ... Its a respect thing I never leave a bad taste in anyones mouth unless they ask for it

haha ya for sure give me a call sometime 412-720-1434

i try to not get on here and brag about stuff so it may seem small from videos I'm trying to get a 3rd crew on the road this spring I've only ever posted picks of like 2 buckets and stuff we got a lot of neat toys to mess with. i operate out of two locations

Knuckle boom Tree Removal - YouTube

I would have pulled both dead trees into that pine and rolled a J while they hung there, once again not spending any extra on worker's comp.

Then I would have ran yer CD collection through my chipper.

No Bull#### Bulldog. I really would have. I really don't think a skeeter beater like you should go quoting Shigo to Dan Murphy. I know I don't want to hear it and I think its upsetting Dan. We are actually quite sensitive.
Stick saw? Yeah you'll have to show me how they work.

haha ya for sure give me a call sometime 412-720-1434

i try to not get on here and brag about stuff so it may seem small from videos I'm trying to get a 3rd crew on the road this spring I've only ever posted picks of like 2 buckets and stuff we got a lot of neat toys to mess with. i operate out of two locations

Yea you appear to be a decent fellow after helping MDS I kinda have a bit of a traveling bone now and would enjoy a break from my Norm ...

I would have pulled both dead trees into that pine and rolled a J while they hung there, once again not spending any extra on worker's comp.

No Bull#### Bulldog. I really would have. I really don't think a skeeter beater like you should go quoting Shigo to Dan Murphy. I know I don't want to hear it and I think its upsetting Dan. We are actually quite sensitive.

haha ya its the songs that youtube offers i didnt feel like getting into iTunes and are you talking about daniel murphy? not saying he's right or wrong just trying to understand why some things are done.

Yea you appear to be a decent fellow after helping MDS I kinda have a bit of a traveling bone now and would enjoy a break from my Norm ...

Ya I'm easy going i even help AA out from time to time. i don't usually have any hate for anyone don't have the time to get mad about stuff.

heck you can even meet him he lives like two blocks away from my house.

Jeezus Krist man he's not staring at your bum either you basket case ....Focus your anger in a direction that is useful to the good of all of us ....And don't try barking up my tree either you loopy mutha ####a ... Just kidding , just saying ....

The thing tho is when you get to the point we are you will always have the workers come and insurance stuff because i gotta keep my employees especially my good ones happy so they stick around keep them making money year round. so for me theirs really no avoiding it if i want to have a legal operation with reliable help we usually run two 4 man crews.

[video=youtube;Kfbc3CjYJvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfbc3CjYJvw]Bulldog Tree Care Knuckle Boom Picking - YouTube[/video]

Sweet! Did your Bandit take those trees whole?

ya for the most part with a little limbing i would have pulled the morbark down their but the connectors are different on my truck and i tried to use an adapter i got from a local trailer shop and it blew some fuses. so i went with the lighter choice since we pulled it with my pickup to the site.

Jeezus Krist man he's not staring at your bum either you basket case ....Focus your anger in a direction that is useful to the good of all of us ....And don't try barking up my tree either you loopy mutha ####a ... Just kidding , just saying ....

No, yer right. It looked like Bulldog was pulling an LXT on Murph's fine proper poplar prune, I got carried away.

And yeah, from Bd's videos it looked like they were sissy-ing around. I didn't say anything that wasn't true about that.

I appreciate your understanding my perspective BD. I understand yours and I'm sorry for being so rude but I still don't understand why you are so chummy with AA. It don't make sense to me and if he was living 2 blocks from me I would check the Amber list.

Another thing i don't get is that around here municple contracts go to the lowest bidding dog and it doesn't seem like something to be proud of.

Its good to hear a guy like you is doing well and keeping up with things though. For me it seems that after the countless hours of lectures, seminars, training and talking the real world comes along and chews it up and for what they are paying to keep the grass pointing upwards it don't seem worth it.

No, yer right. It looked like Bulldog was pulling an LXT on Murph's fine proper poplar prune, I got carried away.

And yeah, from Bd's videos it looked like they were sissy-ing around. I didn't say anything that wasn't true about that.

I appreciate your understanding my perspective BD. I understand yours and I'm sorry for being so rude but I still don't understand why you are so chummy with AA. It don't make sense to me and if he was living 2 blocks from me I would check the Amber list.

Another thing i don't get is that around here municple contracts go to the lowest bidding dog and it doesn't seem like something to be proud of.

Its good to hear a guy like you is doing well and keeping up with things though. For me it seems that after the countless hours of lectures, seminars, training and talking the real world comes along and chews it up and for what they are paying to keep the grass pointing upwards it don't seem worth it.

I would have to say AA puts a little bit of a show on for you guys I think he likes the fire he gets out of you guys when he shows one of his guys crashing his stuff into his trailer or something like that. but in all he's not a bad guy if he needs help we usually don't mind he pre bids it into his prices.

municipal contracts usually do go to the lowest bidder thats a lot of the reason we run all the fancy stuff so we can knock it out a lot faster than the guy standing behind us. Its not the best work but it does help pay the bills. its usually done with buckets and is mostly on street work thats pretty much why i put together a second crew.

as far as my crew we definetly do screw around a little bit i don't really try and kill myself anymore the guys that work with me have been with me from the beginning 7+ years. i try and take it easier on my body this days i got a good ways to go before retirement and am hoping not to need a wheelchair to get around after 20+ years of messing in trees.

Ya im not doing bad at it still not rich yet bet hoping to be their someday my ability to buy equipment like this is almost because of me starting so young when i bought my first bucket i was 20 years old had no kids no house payment and pretty much knocked that payment out in no time so when it was time to move into the k-booms and what not i had a good head start. and also took some real make it or break it loan risks in the first couple years but things seem to have gotten stable and a lot less stressful.

a lot of the work we do is crappy work like clearing hillsides we seem to do about 20-30 of them a year and are the only ones interested in doing them it seems like but it is good money. the one you seen in the video had a retaining wall below those trees that was at least 10 foot deep we where tied in while cutting those trees just out of the fear of slipping and falling down in their we would have had to use the boom to get someone out.

for municipal contracts we usually just bid the removals their seems to be some $$ in them if you can get rid of them in a decent amount of time. to do all the pruning the certs and stuff you have to follow for the money in it sometimes just isn't worth it.

davey bid 15$ an hour at pittsburgh international airport this year for a bucket and operator how someone could do that i just don't know. i was their during the bid opening and most where right in par with me anywhere from 85-125$ per hour. i went to the bid opening and everyone was in shock.

Last edited:

on another note sometimes bigger company doesn't always mean more expensive me and AA have bid the same trees before on a large tree i have said prices that where a thousand or more less than his operation. all depends on time for me i know how much i want for a day and something that may take me a day takes another 2 or 3.

Latest posts

Back