Lakewood Catalytic Fireplace Insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimabbey

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The blower motor on our insert is burnt out as a reslut of an electrical spike caused by a faulty generator. I have been unable to find a replacement motor from any of the local electrical outlets. The motor drives a cigar shaped drum fan located at the bottom of the unit. Does anyone have a supplier?

As well this is a catalytic unit with ceramic inserts about 3 inches square. At one site I visited it suggested that these can become inefficient and should be replaced. I was of the opinion that these were ceramic and only needed to be free of dust etc to be efficient.

I am open to any advice and suggestions.

We use the unit in our livingroom / family room and it supplies better than 60% of the heat in the house. I have the forced air furnace on continuous blower to help circulate the heat. We really rely on the inset and need some help and advice fast.

Hope you have a good lead.

You could try www.grainger.com or www.emotorstore.com it is probably a fasco motor, but maybe not. If you can find the model # on the motor put it into google and I would bet you will find something. If you can't find a # look for the HP, voltage, speed, shaft diameter, then just look for the motor type that looks like the one you have.

Good Luck.

Back