LASER Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmcat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just got a 32" Laser bar in stock for a 2188 and I noticed it was made in Germany, not ROC. I wasn't aware that anyone in Germany was producing Oregon knock-offs, I thought that was reserved for China.

Laser rebadges a bunch of stuff. I got a 28" on clearance and it turned out to be a Tsumura.

ive got loggers running a couple of those german made bars. they say that there as good as the stihl es bars but at a big savings

It seems that there's some under recognized bar factory in germany--or maybe multiple--there were a while of clear coat steel bars that were sold as carlton...the steel was nice and clear but they were basically an oregon design tip. They were quite good, except for the fact that the oil holes and grooves were filled with excess clear coating.

ive got loggers running a couple of those german made bars. they say that there as good as the stihl es bars but at a big savings

same thing here i have had no complaints with the german or the japan bars from laser. They have both held up as good as stihl and some of these guys could ruin a steel anvil if they got there hands on it.

I had one logger tell me the laser bar was the only thing his guys had not been able to tear up in the last three weeks.

I had one logger tell me the laser bar was the only thing his guys had not been able to tear up in the last three weeks.

I wish i could get them in harvester bars they bring me 2-3 a week bent like a z to straighten. After 6 or so times they bend back real easy.

Thanks for the feedback, the tip on this bar is definitely Oregon knock off, but the bar is ruggedly built. I guess time will tell. I may have to try one myself, but with Bailey's having closeouts as often as they do I always seem to have extra bars around.

got any tips on straightening them harvester bars? what machine you runin?

I just use a shop press and a lot of interesting shaped chunks of steel.It gets easyer with practice.You have to bend way past straight and let it set for a while before you release the pressure. Its a kobelco machine with a dangle head

I just use a shop press and a lot of interesting shaped chunks of steel.It gets easyer with practice.You have to bend way past straight and let it set for a while before you release the pressure. Its a kobelco machine with a dangle head

yup, done this. jus hoped you had a better way. i'm runnin a bell with 25" bar .80 they get spensive.

It seems that there's some under recognized bar factory in germany--or maybe multiple--there were a while of clear coat steel bars that were sold as carlton...the steel was nice and clear but they were basically an oregon design tip. They were quite good, except for the fact that the oil holes and grooves were filled with excess clear coating.

There is a "cheap" brand that is called "KOX" (or something like that) that is quite popular in Germany, as I remember it from my days at a couple of German saw forums.

Last edited:

I have a couple of those, and they seem to be good bars, but it was a pain in the ass getting the clearcoat off them. I think I used paint thinner.

There is a "cheap" brand that is called "KOX" (or something like that) that is quite popular in Germany, as I remember it from my days at a couple of German saw forums.
I'm running Kox chains, good chains for a small price. I've received chains that were made in the USA, Canada & Germany depending on the chain type so I think they are just relabeled Oregon.

Kox Belgium is located at the distribution center of Blount/Oregon Europe so they are probably part of Oregon. Here is the Kox return address:
KOX Direct SPRL
BLOUNT EUROPE SA
Distribution Center
Rue de Liège, 6
B 6180 Courcelles

Haven't ordered a bar yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back