Lawnmower issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'd leave the primer hole covered if it makes the engine run right. A lot of the primers aren't needed if it has a choke on it, but it may take a few more pulls on the starter.

No choke on this one, and the primer works fine with the new bulb (no hole) in it. Looks like I'll just run it this way. It was a freebie mower anyway.

No choke on this one, and the primer works fine with the new bulb (no hole) in it. Looks like I'll just run it this way. It was a freebie mower anyway.

Runs mint. I mowed most of my lawn today (a little over 1 hour with this mower, use to take 1.5 hours for the same section with my old push mower). I like having the 22" deck self propelled instead of my old 20" regular walk behind.

Does it have a automatic choke ?

Nope. Just the primer unless I'm not seeing something. It's a pretty standard L-Head briggs, just has a crappy carb on it. And yeah, to "fix" it, I put in a solid style primer bulb replacing the one with the small hole on the end. Ran excellent today, even in tall grass.

Latest posts

Back