leaf rakes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For debris cleanup, we bought one of the Groundskeeper wire tine rakes from Treeman supply; an AS sponsor. Works great (so far) for the larger stuff like twigs and chips. The rest we handle with a backpack one of the ten thousand plastic rakes we've bought and broken. We bought the Groundskeeper at a show but if I had to order one I'd just have them send the rake head and not ship the handle to save shipping costs.
Phil

This may not make me popular recommending a craftsman but the big plastic ones with the fiberglass handles have worked great for my landscaping company. No questions asked replacement and you can also get them at K-mart to increase convenient replacement options.

Summer/fall cleanup? The big old plastic leaf rakes.

Winter/spring cleanup? When theres snow on the ground, those metal spring rakes work awesome, you can move around the debris without dragging a whole ton of snow along with it. Saves on barreling up snow instead of debris. :clap:

thanks alot boys, Skywalker Tree Service is getting ready to rock out real soon, old school, were rededicated and havent heard a godamn thing about a reccession

hope youre in the same boat, were going home early before we lose money

Best rakes I have used actually come from Lowes...they are the yellow handeled metal tined ones. I cant use plastic rakes I just break em. Even though the metal tined rakes arnt usually as wide you can rake a lot harder with them.

I like to have both,a metal/spring for sticks,and small limbs,and aplastic leaf rake for the fine layer of sawdust,and for precleaning drives,walks,and roads before the leaf blower.
Hate the sound of metal rake on road surface.

Latest posts

Back