Leaking boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rx7145

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My brother has a leaking pressure boiler that he would like to fix.

It looks cast to me. Would brazing it work or some kind of epoxy?

Any ideas welcome. :)
attachment.php

short of removing every one of thoes sections thats a big negative...

sure there are ways of afro'in it....

this is what i do for a living and would suggest against it.....

That sucks better get her fixed before the cold snap but probably wouldnt be a bad idea to drain it and get ahold of a good welder have him do it right and grind a pass in it and fill it in!! GOODLUCK KEEP ME POSTED

I am still a newbe to the owb world. Just started last season. Imo I would fix it and start to look for another owb. That way your not in a rush and can hunt down a great deal. If it leaks in another spot well then you would have to rush to replace it. But its worth a try.

Tim

go find a bottle of boiler leak stop and give it a try. if it works you are only postponing the inevitable and if it doesn't you are only out a couple bucks. whats the brand boiler and year?

go find a bottle of boiler leak stop and give it a try. if it works you are only postponing the inevitable and if it doesn't you are only out a couple bucks. whats the brand boiler and year?

Its a timberland form the early 70's.

We may try the boiler leak stuff. Might be able to get another year out of it.

I am still a newbe to the owb world. Just started last season. Imo I would fix it and start to look for another owb. That way your not in a rush and can hunt down a great deal. If it leaks in another spot well then you would have to rush to replace it. But its worth a try.

Tim

We will try that. Its also a pressured indoor boiler not a OWB. :cheers:

Hope he's got a good backup plan. The next failure will surely happen during a serious cold snap.

Good luck

What pressure do you run your water tank at? How bout some better pictures of the furnace so we can see what it looks like (not such a close up).

Latest posts

Back