Sp125 leak?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was chasing down a vacuum/pressure leak on my SP125. See photo - leaking from the hole in the blue circle. When I cover the hole with my finger, no leak. There was a piece of foam covering the hole - as though it's some sort of vent or breather and there is a passageway that angles into the crankcase. The ipl shows a "seal" here. This side has two seals, one lip facing inwards and one facing out - to deal with the plus and minus CC pulses. Is anyone familiar with this?

Attachments

• 20240412_143613.jpg
    20240412_143613.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
That weep hole is for the points box, so any oil can run out. As long as the inner seal holds vac and pressure, you're golden. If plugging that weep hole stops a crankcase leak, then the inner seal is bad. My S550 has the same setup and I found the garter spring popped off and wore the crank a bit. I installed a new seal just a bit shallower.

That weep hole is for the points box, so any oil can run out. As long as the inner seal holds vac and pressure, you're golden. If plugging that weep hole stops a crankcase leak, then the inner seal is bad. My S550 has the same setup and I found the garter spring popped off and wore the crank a bit. I installed a new seal just a bit shallower.
Thanks, makes sense. I'll check the inner seal.

Latest posts

Back