learning more about my 152 sachs...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnses

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Using a build up of this saw to figure out how to get some pictures up but in the mean time have a clutch hub question....the hub in on a taper is the spacer for the clutch bearing supposed to keep preload on the taper to keep it tight to the crank. The saw was mission the spacer for the clutch bearing so when the nut and washer on the end of crank was tightened the clutch could not free wheel. I though my saw was a 153 but from the 14mm crank on the clutch side must be a 152 but does not have that type rear handle. I read an old thread about the clutch drum bearing diameters sofigured that out but looking for a 404-7 152 drum now.

thanks

sap can

To find the model you have. Look rear of the clutch cover next to
where the handle mounts. There is a machined pad with the seriel
number. First 3 digits are the model.
As for the clutch. It's assembled in this manor. Clutch hub assembly,
large washer with 3 holes, Bearing race and bearing, Drum, Small
washer and then the nut. At least this is what my 152 IPL states.

Lee

but looking for a 404-7 152 drum now.

Well good luck with that! :laugh: Far as I know and as far as I can find, there is no such thing to be had. The IPL only list one sprocket as well and that be a .404 X 8 the crank dia is a bit much to use a 7 on it.

Damn shame too because it really drags a 152 down and makes it less then stellar.

I did find a 3/8's x 8 (aftermarket) for my 152/Poulan 6000 and it helped it quite a bit to become respectable.

You have one saw that is pushing 40 years old.

You are the expert on them old SDs? Yup, keep dinging 'em I'll keep buying them:ices_rofl:

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back