• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 064 Sold

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have for sale a mildly ported Stihl 064 chainsaw. I went through this saw from the bottom up and put a lot of care into it. I will do my best to outline everything but there are a lot of new parts, so if I miss anything or you have a question about something just ask. Crankcase is pretty good, no cracks or leaks and bearings are nice n' tight. Crank is in great shape, to me it's near mint. New oil seals have been installed. I removed the internal baffle from the muffler and port matched it to the cylinder. Muffler dual port cover is custom made by me and does have a spark arrestor screen. I painted the entire muffler with black high temp ceramic enamel. Cylinder is the 52mm Mahle variant and one I've been holding onto for awhile now. It had some very light aluminum transfer but cleaned up easily. I went and cleaned up the intake and widened it a little. Also opened up the exhaust some and gave it a polish. New old stock Mahle Piston & rings installed. Starter assembly is in pretty good shape, some scuffed paint but no cracks. I installed a new rope rotor and elastostart handle. Tank is in good shape, some etched numbers on it(see pictures) but no cracks or leaks. Rear handle cover is new. Walbro WJ-6A carburetor works like it should, no leaks. New filter base gasket and HD2 air filter. New fuel and oil caps. New clutch springs and clutch needle bearing installed. Has a good 8 pin 3/8 sprocket. Exhaust side av mounts are new as well as the upper clutch side av mount. Chain brake works the way it should. 3/4 wrap handlebar is intact, no cracks just some cuts in the rubber tubing. Clutch cover is good and has a new chain catcher. The rear of it got dinged at some point though, so if you want a chip flap you'll have to pop rivet one on. Plastics are pretty good, filter cover has a small crack and some etchings. Top cover has the rear mount busted off but still secures down fine from the other two mounts. Saw is 100 percent oem, no aftermarket parts. The saw really has some pop and excellent throttle response. To me it sounds pretty cool, people will definitely know where your at. I really want to keep this one but seeing as my primary job is with the feds, I can't really afford to keep it. Asking $600 shipped. Take a look at all photos and ask questions if you got 'em. Thanks for taking the time to read this wall of text!
a189c713732f0bc1c0abf471de590462.jpg
4b9e6b5e5266ade5bbce3e83b9ce8bac.jpg
73716d31d2042111f68c54785d165c8e.jpg
4cb7fe7dbab7f471d382fe227fb05d9f.jpg
4ce9867e01b9a7668310a01f98950dff.jpg
2e08e0d7c2e2f1b3733aec511ca9ae6a.jpg
6b3946d95a2cf8383e78042819d7b4fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Also i'd like to add a brief history on the saw. Please note that there is an AG number on the rear tank handle. This saw used to be a wildland fire saw for the forest service here in North Central idaho. It's primary job was taking down complex hazard trees(several western red cedars). It wasn't used to cut hotline or brushing much in the way of fuels reduction, mostly taking down nasty snags. Although the saw was taken into some pretty rugged country it fared well and was serviced regularly and winterized every year. In the last few years though this saw and several others went up for sale to the general public through gsa auctions which is how eventually acquired the saw. I believe the date the forest service purchased the saw is etched into the side of the tank. The saw has seen some awesome country. Also please note the filter base and cover were donated by another local/state wildland firefighting outfit C-PTPA. A big thanks to them for the filter parts. Also I forgot to mention my shop sits at around 2,500 feet elevation. You may have to retune depending on your location. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back