Learning stuff the hard way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya

Bring on the Elevated platform where possible these days, but I still like to blow the cobwebs out occasionally on cash in hand jobs and to quite the young climbers, I just pay for it a lot more phisically later on.:cheers:

Yesterday I was doing a clump of dead red oak that was crowbaring in the soil with every movement of the tree. I was in rental bucket that was a non-overcenter 65ft boom; so I could not reach much of the crown much past the garage.

An fully extended power polesaw sure gets heavy fast! May left arm is still a bit sore from that.

drop dead weight off the crew. If they aren't doing well, they are not that hard to replace. You'll get more out of the rest of the crew, too.

Reward the good, drop the bad.

Don't expect to be able to have equipment fixed in the spring. Every harry homeowner and farmer and his cousins are flooding the shops.

drop dead weight off the crew. If they aren't doing well, they are not that hard to replace. You'll get more out of the rest of the crew, too.

Reward the good, drop the bad.

I call it "winnowing the chaff" in peak season one keeps an extra man on the crew so you can always drop a slacker without worry of being short handed. Go through people that do not work well with you until you find those that can jell into a team.

Latest posts

Back