Learning the Hard Way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesnt take long to get pissed at the people in the cars, or have them get pissed at you.
yer not wrong lol

the few times I've been flag boy there were more then a few assholes that just plain ignored the sign and sped up, despite oncoming traffic.

These poor kids had to deal with the road being blocked for awhile, its a rural road, but its also the shortest route home for a lot of impatient people, with no easy detours, and no decent turn arounds.

I try to be nice to flaggers

However incompetence makes me angry, yesterday there was a crew digging in the street, blocking the road to a quarry, and the flaggers just didn't notice or pay attention to the fact that they were standing the middle of an intersection, blocking the only way to turn, then letting traffic through all 3 ways at once, just a **** show all around

Or the time a county flagger pulled out in front of my dumb truck, slammed on the brakes to put a sign up, as I was trying to pass his dumb ass he hauls ass to get in front of me again, slams on his brakes AGAIN jumps out as I'm trying to pass him, mean mugs ME for whatever reason, Now I know the road was blocked, cause of a culvert replacement, and had been for WEEKS but I was also turning just before their work area, doesn't change the fact you shouldn't pull out in front of a dump truck not once but twice... its extra annoying here cause its a county crew, that should of had that job done and finished within a week, but it took em 6 weeks, same stretch of road that means a super long detour to get home... Loggers would of had the culvert swapped in 2 days, but what do I know.

Damage any hydraulic pipes?
nope, got lucky? there
Poor Peaches. Looks like that boom is about to the stop too, that’s kind of concerning.
I was trying to get as much leverage as possible, boom all the way back and up close and personal. The stuff on the machine is just one big arm that I kinda figured would try and get me, but when I started this foolishness I was farther back and figured I could spin fast enough to get un hooked from it... I was wrong.

The bulk of the tree is more or less where I wanted it, this overgrown limb is all that got me.

Latest posts

Back