learning to climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treehead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anyone in MA interested in giving me a lesson or two in climbing as I want to learn, or if someone could point me in the direction of a class for climbing that is somewhat local to me,
thanks in advance
Ryan

You might need more than a lesson or two. :monkey:

Use the search function. There's plenty of good information here already. :cheers:

I figured that much but at least something to get me started, I learn fast, especially if it's something I like doing

treehead said:
anyone in MA interested in giving me a lesson or two in climbing as I want to learn, or if someone could point me in the direction of a class for climbing that is somewhat local to me,
thanks in advance
Ryan
where in mass r u head?

I live in Weymouth, but am willing to travel a little for a good teacher, I was gonna try teaching myself but decided that I should at least have someone who knows what they are doing the first few times

treehead said:
I live in Weymouth, but am willing to travel a little for a good teacher, I was gonna try teaching myself but decided that I should at least have someone who knows what they are doing the first few times
yea thats gonna be far i suggest calling some companies and explaining what u want to learn ie climbing its worth a shot j

Climbing

A great book by ACRT working in trees will give you a general feel and intro to the knots that you will be using. Spend your spare time working on knots with a short run of rope to the point that you can do it blindfolded.

the best way i feel is to start out as a groundman.you learn so much watching a climber day in day out.and have him instuct you as he is doing it.then start out doing climbing in small trees,getting used to the feel of the saddle/ropes/knots/weight of a saw,etc.then just keep performing as you go.in time you will be in large trees comfortable doing the same.hands on and seeing it first hand alot is better than any book.but for sure read all the books you can also.as there are diff tools/ways of climbing that may be more to your likeing.

Latest posts

Back