least favourite removals?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's him!

I need to get a GCRS this year.

I can see why you gave him the second chance. Looked like a pretty clean removal from the pics.

Web site looked good too.. I should get with the times and get one myself one of these years. I liked what you said about never scaring a customer (however you said it) into a removal too. I never do that either, bad business.

Yeah, I hate busy roads, people dont care, always see adult women texting while driving!
How much are those helmet cams? That thing was pretty clear.

Depends on what mounts and card size you want. I have about $300 in mine:

http://shop.helmetcameracentral.com/HC-2020-CHD1080.html

Full 1080p hd resolution.

The battery seems to be good for 2 to 4 (usually closer to 4) hours depending on how cold it is. I have an 8 gig card and haven't run out of room in one day yet.

I hear ya! Same downtown San Diego. I bid the expected parking ticket's in. How do you even move into places like that? In Del Mar, we can not used a gas powered blower. Electric or a broom. It is a fine a little too steep to bid in.
Jeff ;)

Wow, I wonder how the lawn guys survive down there without using a blower. Most of LA is too ghetto to have ordinances like that heheh How much is one of those tickets? They can allow saws but not blowers?

Oh yeah, I also dislike the ones in the Hollywood hills. They are WICKED STEEP and houses are packed together everywhere and only one car can fit on the road at a time. The hardest part of the job is just getting the truck and chipper where I need them. I am always afraid I am going to flip over when I am going up those steep curves. Then when I finally get it parked where I want it it starts lurching forward and we chock the tires, though I am terrified all day that it is going to break free!

No offense PDQ, but for such a smart guy, you sure seem to get yourself ####ed up pretty good! .. just an observation.

You aren't the first to make that observation.

I think it all stems from having a "risk taker" type of personality. That's why I feel so comfortable at this forum. There seem to be a whole bunch of risk takers hanging around here.

I can see why you gave him the second chance. Looked like a pretty clean removal from the pics.

Web site looked good too.. I should get with the times and get one myself one of these years. I liked what you said about never scaring a customer (however you said it) into a removal too. I never do that either, bad business.

Thanks!,
Ole WT!, he is pretty good, at his age, with his experience, with some knowledge, this kid will be a force to reckon with someday!

Alot of guys tell people that if the tree is leaning, it is going to fall, bla bla bla bla, all kinds of stuff to get them too take it. "its an Ash tree, its dying" I think I have saved several, century aged trees from removals, talked them into maintenance. Most of the times the trees are fine, just hacks not knowing what they are looking at.

Last edited:
This was a fun one. Had to swing everything over the house and lower it from the fork closest to the primary. We had to use a tag line on every piece to make sure and keep it out of the lines. The pic is deceiving, the primary is closer to the tree than it appears. It was just inside of ten feet from the tree:

dadbuck009-4.jpg

Last edited:
You can see how tight the drop zone was on that one here. The logs are piled to the outer wall... About a 15'-by 20' drop zone:

dadbuck023-2.jpg

Another fun one. This Oak was 6' DBH and had about a hundred foot crown. Had to rope every stick. We had another small drop zone. Around 20'x20'. We had to set up ramps and move every log over a small deck with a dolly, then roll it out a 36" gate. 103 and 104 temps the whole time. We were dying in the heat. I had a lot of thumb twiddling time in this tree waiting for my guys to move wood to the front so they wouldn't trip over everything and also had to let them take breaks to cool off and rehydrate.

08212010_001.jpg

Here's one!, 78,000 in repairs!!! This home is on the historic register, very pricey to fix too their standards. Sunny day, uprooted after a lot of rain, just its time!

Here's one!, 78,000 in repairs!!! This home is on the historic register, very pricey to fix too their standards. Sunny day, uprooted after a lot of rain, just its time!

Those are my most favorites. $$$ trees and insurance jobs... Usually easy pickings as well... :D

ouch, hope they had good insurance.
Nope! They thought they did, but still fighting with them, the Insurance company adjuster had it at 25000. It had a dozen or so major holes in the roof, a couple busted the trusses, ripped the whole 3 season room from the house! Electrical damage, one branch went thru the roof and thru the ceiling in a bathroom, pulling on wires throughout the 2nd floor. The company that did it gave them a break as well, did a photo doc of everything for their portfolio
(doing resto work on the old ones) and filmed everything for a commercial, not sure the break, but H.O. said it was substantial. So, with me @ 6g's, Mason work for 2 chimneys (cost unknown, gotta be over 10g) 78'gs in the roof, what ever else thrown in between, they gotta be over a 100 grand on everything! All out a pocket to this point. H.O. tells me everytime I see him "READ THE FINE WRITING, IF YOU DON'T, THEY WILL F*@# YOU EVERYTIME!"
Its too bad, these people are really great.

:newbie::newbie:
Worst is anything having to do with Blackjack Oak. Hard, heavy and unyielding brush. Climbing Willow oaks guarantee your coming out bloody.

Knot as experianced as some of you FELLERS on the computin thigamajig and the tree work butt enjoying the hell outa the input especialy seeing a quote from somebody with true testicular fortitude good ol G.W.:notrolls2:

Latest posts

Back