Lesson learned on the cheap AM P&C kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy I work with is giving me some 6-8' sections of 18-20" diameter logs to do test cuts and break-in cutting on. As soon as I get the 361 parts I ordered yesterday, I'll run a couple of tanks of fuel through the 361 and see how the cabers seat in. I haven't had a chance to measure the squish yet, hopefully tomorrow I'll get around to it.

I did a 026 last night with a golf piston and rings (last of the group of cheap AM parts I'd ordered) and realized I didn't have a base gasket...made one out of paper... 185psi! I'm going to check the squish today, I'm assuming it's dangerously close. Just thought it was funny!

View attachment 375080 044 with a big bore kit At 200psi

Im happy with the aftermarket top end. This saw is a monster. Havr about 5 tanks through it now.

I did clean up the ports slightly and a couple casting issues. But for 70 bucks im happy.

Did you take a pict of the combustion chamber or remember if it was the original D shape or a regular O ,dished shape?

Back