Let's Talk Ultrasonic Cleaners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of buying one for a couple of years now.
Problem is everybody I ask to says "They are amazing... but I don't own one". Prices have come down a very long way over the last year and if I manage to fix my damn backpack leafblower I may have enough in the budget to buy one.

I was thinking to buy a 6.5 or 10 liter unit so I can clean larger parts, but in the specific I want to know if anybody here has used them to clean carburetors. I know somebody must have so be honest. :laugh:

I run mine all the time. Even just soap and water works well. I usually add a little Oil Eater fluid too it. I would not get anything smaller than a 15L. I clean any parts on a saw and tons of house hold items. I run probably three or more days a week. Water heats up quicker if you run it. Highly recommend getting one
image.jpg 84399968-64F9-4739-AF9D-5DD29F3EC672.png

I run mine all the time. Even just soap and water works well. I usually add a little Oil Eater fluid too it. I would not get anything smaller than a 15L. I clean any parts on a saw and tons of house hold items. I run probably three or more days a week. Water heats up quicker if you run it. Highly recommend getting one
View attachment 790023 View attachment 790024
I want one of these too!
Can I do my dishes and frying pans in it as well?
With this minus 40 weather my off grid sink and drain pipe froze calk stiff.

I want one of these too!

They'll be cleaner than ever! Cleans gun parts too! I put whole case halves and covers in my no problem. Makes rebuilding a saw so much better. Almost any part I take off goes into the ultra sonic.

I bought one of these, on sale, with a coupon, for a significant amount less, a few years back. It has always worked, but I have not used it extensively to state how long it will last. I was looking for something cheap and basic to experiment with. Would probably go with something like what @CJ Brown posted if I planned to use it more.

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-Liter-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-63256.html

Philbert

I want one of these too!
You might better just invest in a hot tub. That way you could do the dishes while having a tub, and still have room for native ladies besides!

I bought a couple on Ebay probably 15 years ago. They were both used and inexpensive. I don't even remember what I used them for; long before saws came along. I use them now mainly for carburetors. Every saw I build has a US cleaned carb, even if it's a new Chinese carb. Also good for bearings. I use hot water and a squirt of Dawn. I've sometimes used them for cylinders and pistons. How do they rate against other methods? I don't really know. There's no "control group".

Latest posts

Back