Leveraxe? Anyone ever see or use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, new to the forum and wanted to provide my experience on the leveraxe for general knowledge. Last month, I ordered a leveraxe and finally had an opportunity to review it last weekend. Some up but mostly downs on this product. This unit was shipped brand new and was in perfect condition when it arrived. After reading the instructions, I gave it a try. I placed 6 small logs in an old tire and began chopping slowly to get the hand of the lever concept. The first round went slow but by the end, I had the hang of it. Excited to do this again, I reloaded the tire and began chopping. On the 8th log, a 4" piece of the wooden handle came flying off the TOP! This really surprised me and I stopped using the axe and inspected if I somehow damaged it unknowingly. The handle was clean with no errant strikes and ended my day much sooner than expected for obvious safety reasons.. I then reached out to a US representative of Leveraxe ([email protected]) and he directed me to a website to have the handle replaced for $70. No warranty on the handle? After 30 days and 20 minutes of actual use?

I cannot in good faith recommend this product to anyone with customer service like this. The company should stand behind normal use within a fair and reasonable amount of time for any product regardless of its price. Save your money and invest in something else. Very, very disappointing.

The leveraxe is garbage, it's basically a wildly overpriced gimmick advertised as the best thing since sliced bread through YouTube and Facebook videos. For around the same amount of money, you could buy a Gransfors or Wetterlings and have an infinitely better tool of heirloom quality.

The leveraxe is garbage, it's basically a wildly overpriced gimmick advertised as the best thing since sliced bread through YouTube and Facebook videos. For around the same amount of money, you could buy a Gransfors or Wetterlings and have an infinitely better tool of heirloom quality.
Not trying to start an argument here but have you used one to form that strong opinion?

I have used both the original and LA2 quite a bit. In straight grained (especially frozen) wood, the LA is second to none. In tough, twisted, or knotty wood you may as well put down the Leveraxe and noodle it with a butter knife.

Nope, and I don't need nor want to. My opinion of it is based upon feedback from people who have used them(like the post above), and the price tag. Again, the cost is completely absurd when you can buy a tool of proven, extraordinary quality instead.

I've got no dog in this fight. But if you see the picture that fellow posted in the other LA thread, the tool was still very much useable.

Again it works very well in certain applications. Not worth the price IMO though.

Back