Leveraxe in the big box stores

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streblerm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I almost picked one up but I was already spending more than I wanted to. That seems to happen every time I go to Lowes or any home improvement store. It looks like the design was picked up by Truper. I didn't check country of origin. I hope the designer/creator of the tool did well. At that price one may just come home with me.

IMG_1926.JPG

I brought one home with me ,used it, and did not like it. kinda worked for smaller stuff. it doesn't penetrate enough to split bigger wood unless you go around the outside and slab pieces off . try it, you'll know if you like. just don't mess it up to bad and return it.

There's a huge thread in here dedicated to these, it's definitely an interesting read if you have time. I have both the original and second generation model at my house that were given to the members of this site to try out by Heikki the owner of Leveraxe. They are free for you (or anyone else) to use if you would like to cover shipping.

I've used them quite a bit. They work fantastic on straight grained wood (especially frozen wood) but fall on their face if you get into knots.

Amazing to see the price is down to $54, they were originally $300!

There's a huge thread in here dedicated to these, it's definitely an interesting read if you have time. I have both the original and second generation model at my house that were given to the members of this site to try out by Heikki the owner of Leveraxe. They are free for you (or anyone else) to use if you would like to cover shipping.

I've used them quite a bit. They work fantastic on straight grained wood (especially frozen wood) but fall on their face if you get into knots.

Amazing to see the price is down to $54, they were originally $300!

I read the threads in their time. I was surprised to see them at that price as well.

They had to get down to that price point. No one on their right mind would buy one if it was any higher. It's right in line with a Fiskars X27 now but still a lot less productive imo. LOL

Back