• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Lewis Winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Here is a Lewis chainsaw winch that is looking to move from my shelf to someone will put it to work. Those of you that know what they are know have coveted they are and rare they are to find used. They are the gold standard in chain saw winches. I have more than I will ever use so it is time this lonely gal finds a saw to mate with. I know what they are new and I know awhile ago you could not even get one. I have no idea how to price it so you tell me what is fair and we can go from there 1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG

Actually Bill it is a good thing. Having owned a couple winches and used them the line sometimes get so tight pulling that there is no slack and no easy way to dis-engage so the reverse is a good thing then.
The Lewis owners manual says if that is an issue to use a chain binder when anchoring the saw/winch, so tension can be released. My guess is that they didn't put a reverse because it would either be fragile or make the winch considerably bigger/heavier. That is just a guess though.

Actually Bill it is a good thing. Having owned a couple winches and used them the line sometimes get so tight pulling that there is no slack and no easy way to dis-engage so the reverse is a good thing then.
Mike,
I can understand that but as WildWes said a simple fix can alleviate that issue. We all know nothing is perfect though and we must come up with our own fixes. some work .,...some fail

I have a Lewis winch that is pretty old,and works like new.
Those are words that an import winch owner will not say
You are 100% correct but I guess not many see it that way anymore. I do not clean stuff and hive things a "spit: shine". They are "just the way she wears her hair" but I guess there is no interest in old work proven tools anymore.

I truly never thought I would see the day when there would be no interest in a Lewis Winch :surprised3:

You are 100% correct but I guess not many see it that way anymore. I do not clean stuff and hive things a "spit: shine". They are "just the way she wears her hair" but I guess there is no interest in old work proven tools anymore.

I truly never thought I would see the day when there would be no interest in a Lewis Winch :surprised3:
Bill money is too tight right now or I'd make an offer.

Don‘t mean to derail the thread or insult anyone here. There is a “Rule” chainsaw winch on Des Moines Craig’s. List, farm and garden. Has Echo saw body needing pressure bulb. Asking price of $275. Looks like it won’t hold as much cable as the Lewis. Just put this out to help with value placement if anyone is interested.

Are you currently teaching
I left the woke idiots years ago.

20 years ago they made everybody take an "indoctrination" day long seminar : Are you "mainstream". That was the beginning of the slide down the slippery slope to hell of higher education.

The PC ******** just got worse every year. I couldn't imagine what it's like now with correct "pronouns" or else.

1 pronouns.png

I left the woke idiots years ago.

20 years ago they made everybody take an "indoctrination" day long seminar : Are you "mainstream". That was the beginning of the slide down the slippery slope to hell of higher education.

The PC ******** just got worse every year. I couldn't imagine what it's like now with correct "pronouns" or else.
I had to take a "Multicultural Educational Foundations" class over 30 years ago. It was taught by Dr. John Quincy Adams which was a large black man.

Latest posts

Back