liability waiver

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illinibrew

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys,

are there any amateurs (non-insured) guys who have either created their own or remember wording from something they have signed to cut firewood on someone else's property. I have struck up a great relationship with a local property. About 400 acres and they have a good number of trees the forester said were okay to bring down.

The board of this non-profit property approved me being there and taking the firewood from my "volunteer" work. They did ask that we come up with some wording for a document I will sign to continue access there. They said they'll happily accept it with me writing in that I'm released from any damages that I might create in addition to the standard I can't sue them language.

Thoughts I'd ask you guys if anyone has wording that would help me out here. By the way, dropped my first standing tree on sunday over there. A maple. There are 5 more ready to come down. I bucked it and stacked it out of the way. Thinking I'll have another cutting day where I get a few more of those trees ready to be hauled out. It's about 50 yards to the road. Slight downhill through a meadow to where i can load my trailer. 8 cu. ft. wheel barrow. Just over a mile from my woodpile so it'll be worth the effort.

I think the law varies by state. I offered to do this on a property I was cutting at a few years ago (an Orchard ) and the owners insurance co. said a waiver signed by both parties would not matter. They told me even if I hurt myself on the property and had a signed waiver not to sue, my insurance co. not me could sue there insurance co. for reimburstment. So neither myself or the orchard would be sued but could be held liable for any damages or costs initiated by the insurance co. After my Head stopped spinning from all the legal garble:dizzy: . The orchard owner and I agreed it would be best if I did'nt cut wood on his property. The orchard owner now has to remove old dead tree's and brush with his employee's at a big expense. This is something he used to get done for free. Lawyers and insurance co. are the vermin of the earth in my book.

Latest posts

Back