Limb on wires

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now see you guys chased the poor fella off!:cry:

Kudos to knowing your limitations. I get calls all of the time from people hoping to get a better quote for the tree on their property near electricity or the one growing around wires and when you start off by saying that the power company needs to come out and disconnect the line or the like and they counter back with a " I thought cash would take care of that problem" or " Aren't you tree guys supposed to be able to do that stuff, I thought you were really good ? " Almost as bad as the outfits who like to take that gamble.

No, it wont. No that is a linesman's job. Yes, I am that good but I am not an idiot.

My uncle "Doc" Miller worked for the power company near Avon/Elyria, OH for years. He promised that if the electricity didn't kill me he would.:dizzy:

Now see you guys chased the poor fella off!:cry:

Kudos to knowing your limitations. I get calls all of the time from people hoping to get a better quote for the tree on their property near electricity or the one growing around wires and when you start off by saying that the power company needs to come out and disconnect the line or the like and they counter back with a " I thought cash would take care of that problem" or " Aren't you tree guys supposed to be able to do that stuff, I thought you were really good ? " Almost as bad as the outfits who like to take that gamble.

No, it wont. No that is a linesman's job. Yes, I am that good but I am not an idiot.

My uncle "Doc" Miller worked for the power company near Avon/Elyria, OH for years. He promised that if the electricity didn't kill me he would.:dizzy:

Usually Linemen come out to take care of it, but if its mid span in a ROW then the tree guys get to do it.........only those that were trained for such though.

Hell if a customer calls our power company for a limb on a wire the Inspector refers me to do the job if he cant get a tree crew there or if its going to be overtime...............& I dont work for the power co. any more.

The first time I had to grab the wire for training scared the h3ll outta me, I have always been taught Never touch!!! the habit is hard to break & should be!! I hate having to do it....just not natural!!

LXT..............

Back