LIMITED SEATING - Trees and Risk One-Day Seminar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
NOTICE!

ISA, ISA Southern, and Bartlett Tree Experts are hosting a researcher/expert seminar in late February. This seminar is one part of a larger Science and Research Committee sponsored tree risk literature review initiative. Below is a short blurb. A list of speakers and talks can be found in the attached brochure (some titles subject to change).

WHEN: February 24th, 2009

WHERE: R. A. Bartlett Tree Laboratories, Charlotte, North Carolina

Trees & Risk is a “can’t miss” seminar for consultants who focus on risk assessment and inventories; commercial arborists who evaluate trees every day; urban foresters who are responsible for large tree populations; utility foresters who must keep the power flowing; and researchers/educators who have a strong interest in the subject. REGISTRATION IS LIMITED to the first 100 who mail, fax, or email the registration form.

Register today (http://www.isa-arbor.com/related/resources/TreeRiskSummitBrochure.pdf) or call the ISA Southern Chapter (888) 339-8733 for more information.

Sharon Lilly
Director of Educational Goods and Services
International Society of Arboriculture
217-355-9411 ext. 209
Fax 217-355-9516
P.O. Box 3129
Champaign, IL 61826-3129
www.isa-arbor.com

"Through research, technology, and education promote the professional practice of arboriculture and foster a greater public awareness of the benefits of trees."

Sounds like a great opportunity. It would be great if the seminars could be recorded and then compiled to sell as a DVD set for those who can't make it.

jp:D

Sounds like a great opportunity. It would be great if the seminars could be recorded and then compiled to sell as a DVD set for those who can't make it.

jp:D
Good point. I hope to be videotaping it, and will see about distribution options.

Quite the lineup of international researchers!

Bartlett's lecture room is state of the art; wish it seated more. This one should fill up pretty quick.

Anyone know how many ceu's for this? Thanks. I know there will be hot chicks there.:)

I got the e-mail but the Southern Chapter Conference from the 7-10 March looks good, and I know boss will only go for one.

There's 20hrs worth of CEUs, climbing competition, Dr Kim Coder speaks (on a couple of occasions). Pat Wentworth from the Texas chapter.OSHA & ANSI updates Full packed four days!

Fingers crossed I'm going!

Hey John, You know I wish I could go, but don't you think we should have the same opportunity to attend closer to our base? Kinda feels like some are cut out. Oh well.
Jeff

I guess that is the problem with having a stingey chapter Jeff.

This one is by Southern Chapter, not the ISA it's self. WI has some very good seminars too. It's sad that other chapters do not have the people that want to organize these things.

i took a lot of notes; i will clean em up and post when i can.

overall the shape of the coming bmp got toned down so it will be less misleading but there is still a lot of concern about basing acton on bogus numbers like t/r= .3

data envy runs deep

Back