limiter cap tool needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have been lucky enough to buy two new saws in the last couple of months.....a 192T and when I sold my 029 I bought a new MS361. It has been raining or dark everyday since I bought the 361.....and I still haven't been able to run it in the 2 weeks I have owned it. The ground is so soft that I can't get any equipment out in the field on the weekends....this weekend we had snow/rain/ice and 20 - 30 mph winds with 50 mph gusts all weekend.

I did however get the 192T out one evening to go cut the Christmas tree when I had about 15 minutes of daylight left. When they cleared the trees under the powerlines I was able to convince them to leave one Pine Tree and I promised I would cut it down for our Christmas Tree. I have run about 6 tanks of gas through the 192T.....and it has always seemed to be just a tad reluctant to accelerate quickly and requires a few minutes to warm up and run well. When I cut the pine tree I tried to adjust the mixture screws and I cannot open the H enough to get a good mixture.....it is just a tad too lean for my ear.

When you use the drywall screw to remove the limiting caps......is it done with the saw assembled.....or is it necessary to remove the carb from the saw? (I must admit being a little lazy at this point.....I haven't even picked up the saws to investigate how to get to the limiting caps). I want to be able to adjust the mixture on both the 192T and 361.

Thanks - Dave

Back