limiter caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestryworks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
got the one for the H screw out and the tab sliced off

that damn cap for the L screw won't budge
cap puller only screws so far in

any tips?

I have removed the tabs on some limiter caps by carefully cutting them off with an X-Acto knife with a fine pointed blade

Use any size wood screw that fits tightly in there, tight threads are best, and pull it out. You'll probably need a new cap after but they're cheap.

On my 346xp I noticed there's just enough space to get a dremel in there to cut off the limiter part of the cap without removing it. Has anyone done this yet?

Use any size wood screw that fits tightly in there, tight threads are best, and pull it out. You'll probably need a new cap after but they're cheap.

What he said.

I just used a drywall screw. That'll hold em pretty good. Just make sure to line up the tab with the slot so you dont totally damage it. I didnt have to buy new ones when I did it.

got some beer for the night
so i'll be in the shop

finally got the little devil out... many thanks to you guys and also moosehead and red stripe beers :cheers:

Yup

On my 346xp I noticed there's just enough space to get a dremel in there to cut off the limiter part of the cap without removing it. Has anyone done this yet?

There is enough room on the 346 but I use an Exacto knife - - Worked great! Like you I didn't have to remove the caps.

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
+1 on Dremel. I use a little black oxide bit that looks like an end mill and grind the tabs off. You don't have to mess with the threads or nuthin!

Back