Lincoln Welder / Generator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCPABill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
All,

Thanks for reading. I have an older welder / generator powered by a Kohler gas engine. It sat outside and the tarp came off for one good rain, and now it won't start. It is not getting a spark. I hit the points with sandpaper lightly in case a tarnish layer was present with no change.

I don't mind doing the whole replace-parts-until-it runs-thing, but don't really know where to start.

Any advice is appreciated.

Bill

All,

Thanks for reading. I have an older welder / generator powered by a Kohler gas engine. It sat outside and the tarp came off for one good rain, and now it won't start. It is not getting a spark. I hit the points with sandpaper lightly in case a tarnish layer was present with no change.

I don't mind doing the whole replace-parts-until-it runs-thing, but don't really know where to start.

Any advice is appreciated.

Bill

You got a model number on the Kohler? You can probably scare up a manual for it. It's hard to even venture a guess without knowing more about the engine. Kohler made a lot of different styles and models.

You got a model number on the Kohler? You can probably scare up a manual for it. It's hard to even venture a guess without knowing more about the engine. Kohler made a lot of different styles and models.

I will get it tomorrow in the daylight! Thanks for the quick response.

I had an old kohler, and had to replace points and condenser every spring. Same deal no spark.

Dont know if that helps, but with out looking at it, thats where I would start.

Brian

Back