Load 'em up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goblin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Let's see some photos of your firewood hauling rig loaded beyond its rated capacity.

I'll start.

This is about a half cord of Douglas Fir (77 cubic ft.) on a stock late 80's 6' bed Ford. Gabriel spring assist front shocks and Monroe air shocks @ 120psi on the rear.

pickup_load.jpg

Looks like she's full!

Here's a pic I posted earlier.
Somewhere around 3200# in my 1/2 ton.:)
How much is a half a ton again?

P4130090copy.jpg

Looks like she's full!

Here's a pic I posted earlier.
Somewhere around 3200# in my 1/2 ton.:)
How much is a half a ton again?

P4130090copy.jpg

i bet those where fun gettin' in there!!!!!!!!!...LOL

i'll post some pic's of my wood hauler full this weekend

Last edited:
Let's see some photos of your firewood hauling rig loaded beyond its rated capacity.

I'll start.

This is about a half cord of Douglas Fir (77 cubic ft.) on a stock late 80's 6' bed Ford. Gabriel spring assist front shocks and Monroe air shocks @ 120psi on the rear.

pickup_load.jpg

Does the California Highway Patrol give you greif for your blacked out license plate????

Wire, he blacked it out to keep someone from finding outwhere he lives and stealing it.

Wouldnt want to loose a good half cord of wood.

230,000 Miles and Still Hauling

This is nowhere near an overload for this truck, just clearing a few pieces of junk wood from the lot. Truck is stock, light duty 3/4 ton.

Beaver

I wish I had pictures of our max load. We use a 2002 Ford F-350 and a 14' trailer (7,000# Rated) to haul wood. For our best (or is it worst) load, we rolled across the scales at a little over 19,000#. Oops....

Don't have any pics but I haul in a 1992 1-ton Dodge. I have to say I abuse the heck out of this truck with loads. I have 30k pound plates on it for a reason. When I haul a big load I put 2 cord on the dump trailer(trailer weighs 5k empty) and one cord in the bed. When I'm doing tree work I fill my slide on box with chips. The box is 8x9x5. The chipper weighs 6k so I have a heck of a load with chips and chipper. Truck moves a little slow when loaded down heavy but seems to handle it ok. Last year I put 3 pallets of wall blocks on the bed that was right about 7500 pounds.

Scott

I would recommend an extra trip, rather than overloading. Seen a lot of trailers in the welding shop because of abuse :(. Out of service might interfere with the aquisition of a good load of wood!

Yeah, but the wood is worth more than the truck....

You're probably right. Except for the fact that the oil has been changed every 2000-3000 miles for the past 20 years, the engine has only 108,000 original miles, a new water pump was put on along with all new fan belts last year, and it has brand new heavy-duty shocks (coil-over front, air rear) all the way around. Oh, and a brand new spare too (well, a brand new 'used' spare, anyways).

In other words, I'm not selling it.

This is about as good as it gets for me. LOL
Taking wood off my neighbors property that I cut and split on the edge of her field. I'm looking to get at least a 17 cu. ft. trailer for less trips. This one is only 10 cu.ft. The Simplicity Conquest pulls that like theres nothing there.
Any suggestions on good trailers for a lawn tractor?

Thanks.

Pile1.jpg

Kevin

Probably an upgrade for the trailer would be an ATV cart. One of the poly ones would keep the weight of the trailer down and the bigger wider tires would even out the load across more ground surface. Keep from sinking in. I tried that method across plowed cornfield pulling that type trailer with 4-wheeler. Couldn't get the Explorer/Utility trailer in. It worked but didn't leave much trailer space for wood by time the equipment was loaded up.

Matt

You're probably right. Except for the fact that the oil has been changed every 2000-3000 miles for the past 20 years, the engine has only 108,000 original miles, a new water pump was put on along with all new fan belts last year, and it has brand new heavy-duty shocks (coil-over front, air rear) all the way around. Oh, and a brand new spare too (well, a brand new 'used' spare, anyways).

In other words, I'm not selling it.

Why in the world would you waste oil by dumping it with only 2000-3000 miles on it? Mechanical problems?

Latest posts

Back