Local pawn shop has a used KM-130R for $239.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewSawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
But they gave it to for $200. Came with the blade attachment too. Starts really easy. Haven't had time to do anything with it yet. It is moldy but that will wipe off. Looks low hour.:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Well, my PC is down and my netbook backup has...reformatted itself since the last time I used it 2+ years ago. So this thread will continue to be: :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

For the forseeable future.

On a side note, can I or should I lap the valves on the KM-130 if necessary? I haven't torn into it yet. I plan to replace the air and fuel filters. As well as the spark plug. I want to clean the insides. Well, cause I want to take it apart really. I guess I should replace the oil seals, too. Unless I find a really beat up part, I think that should do.

I have rebuilt quite a few 4 mixes with out lapping the valves in. The valve springs on these machines are not under high tension like automotive ones. I never could see a gain from lapping them as the valve spring will probably let it leak anyway.
Very easy engines to work on tho

Searching for one of my old threads and I came across this post of mine. KM-130 has been running happily since I got it. Have already used it twice this year.

Latest posts

Back