Locust of some type?? Any ideas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....I agree with the fact there is no glandular notch at the base of the leaflet,which would indicate ToH....but it turns out there may be as many as 10 species,and I've found several pics that had no notch.....I'll stick with The tree from hell....Also the leaf stalk is white,another indicator.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance but wouldn't a Black Walnut have some sort of walnut? I've spent a year and a half with these two trees (can we forget about the white pine for a second?) and there are no nuts, berries, flowers or growths to speak of.

Forgive my ignorance but wouldn't a Black Walnut have some sort of walnut? I've spent a year and a half with these two trees (can we forget about the white pine for a second?) and there are no nuts, berries, flowers or growths to speak of.

You are right, but some years you do not get nuts. This year my walnut trees are full of nuts, but some of the smaller trees do not have any.

1.5 years is not a long enough time to wait for nuts. The age of the tree, frost, it's regular cycle, and some other factors will affect nut production.

No more navel gazing--get a couple twigs and cut them open, already!

Back