log lifter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, but how do you get the big ass round onto the beam when the cylinder is in the way?

227411d1330914929-53024472-jpg

it just needs the one pully on the front then you could raise the lift while the cyl. is returning

OK, but how do you get the . . . round onto the beam when the cylinder is in the way?

My guess is that there is a 'parking spot' where the saw is sitting in the photo.

Split round #1 and the lift raises up round #2. Roll round #2 into the on-deck parking spot, retract the ram, roll round #2 into splitting position.

My concern would be getting hit by the log lift while you are focusing on splitting. Might load the cylinder unevenly too, but probably not a concern for the person who built that device. Clever use of existing an power source.

Philbert

Here it is. It is a long pole on the operator side of the machine, that pivots underneath the beam, and levers up the log and caddy on the other side of the machine. Simple. Low tech.

Anybody use this that can comment on it?

Philbert

attachment.php

Think I can rig something similar for the SuperSplit? I like the capstan winch idea that BuiltRite?? uses.

Thanks im use to other sites that you have to click the youtube box and then insert the code between the brackets.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q2fywaLOkFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

('Share', 'embed', copy and paste the string)

Philbert

I really like this one. Simplest one I've seen so far, and it's portable. Easy enough to build. No welding.

Don <><

Here's a 2 minute and 50 second video of the Timberwolf TW-P1 with a simple, manually operated log lift. At one minute and 53 seconds in to the video, you'll see the operator use the manually log lift. Some of you fabricators should be able to make something like this.

Timberwolf TW-P1 Log Splitter Video - YouTube

Don <><

I like the simplicity of a log lift without hydraulics...pretty cool.

Here it is. It is a long pole on the operator side of the machine, that pivots underneath the beam, and levers up the log and caddy on the other side of the machine. Simple. Low tech.

Anybody use this that can comment on it?

Philbert

attachment.php

I have the same log lift. It works well for the vast majority of the wood i split. I weigh in at about 180 lbs and sometimes have trouble generating enough lifting froce to move the big rounds onto the beam. I think I have some pictures of it in use in a thread I posted a while back. Hydrolic would be nice, but its hard to beat the simplicity of this style.

Latest posts

Back