log splitter head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkottemann

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a log splitter I got from the home depot, it works fine and I am please with it, but I would like to get another splitter head. It currently has a single splitter wedge attached to the cylinder. I would like to put a 4 way on it, so my question is does anybody out there make an after market 4 way splitter wedge which would attact to the cylinder on my splitter, or do I have to make one? It is a 27 ton splitter if that makes a difference.

Hi kkottemann,

A buddy of mine has a splitter from Home Depo. He tried to do what you are attempting, & discovered that the "I" Beam was too wide that the wedge assembly rides in;

What happened was that the split pieces continually jammed under the horizontal wedges that he installed. This is the type of splitter that has the wedge on the piston, not on the foot end.
I don't know if yours is set up like that, but it is something to be aware of.

Regards, kattcutter :)

Those look great, but I a not sure if it will fit. Do any of you know first hand wheather or not the 4 way head from northern will fit a 27 ton log spliter from home depot. I called northern and I knew alot more than thier represenative and I don't know anything. Thanks

Back