Log Table for Logosol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Gregg500
Gregg500
Hello,
New guy here, been reading for sometime now, but my first post. Few questions for anybody out there. I am planning on getting the Logosol Big Mill Basic. (pending funding :) I have downloaded the manuals and plans for the home made log table. Seems this is as close to the M7 as I can get, for alot less money. They show building it with 2x6 lumber. Am planning on using store bought treated lumber. But i figure that will make it about 16 1/2" tall. Which seems a little on the low side, and harder to push the saw, and bad hight for the old back! Was wandering if anybody has built one, and if I could use wider boards, say 2x10 or 12 to get it up a little higher. I suppose the one drawback is it would be harder to roll a log up the ladder, but i hope to make use of 3pt. mounted boom pole on tractor for lifting logs. I don`t plan on using this attaching it to the log, but ya never know. This just seems like a nice setup to me. Any thoughts or wisdom from anyone thats been there done that is appreciated.

Thanks, Gregg
trastallning_300.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
OhioGregg:If you go to the search tag and do a search for threads by LMBEACHY, you will see how I fixed a mill like logosol for a little more that the price of the chain saw. I to did not want to spend a lot of money for a mill, mostly because of my age. I just could not justify the amount needed to buy one. What ever you do, I certainly wish you the best, however I must warn you that if you get started you probably won't be able to quit. Lester

Back