Loggers play day?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Native

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does any one have any info on the logging show held in "hoquiem" ( i think i spelled it right) Washington.

stock saw event or something involving older saw's?

anybody here going to be at the sequim logging show on the 14th? if they have a stock saw class i will probly be cutting with my 044. just look for the man with the most beat up stihl 044 you have ever seen.. and thats probly me. im just doing it for fun and experiance. one of these days i will beat my friends 084.. bringing a pile of saws to the show just incase they have more classes or restrictions.

fishhuntcutwood said:
I'll be in Sequim, though I won't be competing. It'll be my first show, and don't want to walk in there and get my butt kicked in short order. I'll have a Stihl hat on. That should single me out.... ;)

Jeff

hell i know theres no chance im going to win. but i gotta learn somehow :)
i have a plan though.. just cant wait till the deming show.. hoping to have my husky 288 hotsaw built by then. have me some fun cutting with that. dont even care if i place in the top 5.. just a hobby for me. besides.. i dont have the money to get that big of a saw built.

dedcow said:
anybody here going to be at the sequim logging show on the 14th? if they have a stock saw class i will probly be cutting with my 044. just look for the man with the most beat up stihl 044 you have ever seen.. and thats probly me. im just doing it for fun and experiance. one of these days i will beat my friends 084.. bringing a pile of saws to the show just incase they have more classes or restrictions.

is that 044 been modify if so what was done to it?

dedcow said:

has that 044 been modify

has that 044 been modify? if so what has been done to it? or is just a 044 with a
modify muffler? how about a pipe?

I don't think you can run a piped saw in a stock saw class.

Oh, by the way, the past tense for the word modify is modified. So, you can ask "Has that saw been modified?"

Last edited:
well the only mod i know that was done to my 044 is the last owner dropped a log on it and did some good damage! :) cracked all the plastic, cracked the rear handle, ripped the inside upper dog hole out, cracked the front handle.
and the spark arrestor seems to be out of the muffler. no power tuning that i know. plastic is also a nice grease color and wont scrub off.

i got some info on the sequim show today, theres an under 6 cube class, and then the real hotsaw unlimited class. im entering the under 6 cube, novice pole climb, and targeted falling. for the falling.. you draw a number for what tree you fall.. and you get a watermellon.. the goal is to drop your tree on that melon and smash it to bits. boy am i going to suck at all this.. who wants to watch me puss out? heh

That falling contest sounds like fun. I was putting down 90'+ fir today, and putting them down well, but watch me try to hit a watermelon with any tree they have there for competition! I think that for me, it'd be more fun, and less embarassing to watch! Here's a picture of what I was working today...

Jeff

well i got the day off from work but i wonder if there is an over 6 cube class. i hope there is. but i dont know about the drive kinda a long one for me and i gota work day before and after.

looking foward to the albany show this year. some time in july.

are there any other shows local to portland metro area.

fishhuntcutwood said:
That falling contest sounds like fun. I was putting down 90'+ fir today, and putting them down well, but watch me try to hit a watermelon with any tree they have there for competition! I think that for me, it'd be more fun, and less embarassing to watch! Here's a picture of what I was working today...

Jeff
Whats is the average diameter of those trees? They look awfull small by west coast standards.

by the way i was wrong about the class, its NOT under 6 cube, it is indeed an OVER 6 cube.. really put my 044 out of the competition there.. working on getting a mcculloch SP125C going in time for the show.. hoping a friend i built a 125c for about 4 years ago will loan me his bar & chain. i have bars but no chains that fit.. makes me wish i never sold my 084 years ago..

my sp125 looks a little ratty but it is a runner i really need to get the carb tuned better but haven had the time to do it and i do need chain and sprocket i did howerev find a company out of portland that has a few bars to fit ther old macs.

Hey Jeff...That show in Sequim that you think will be televized, do you know if that will be a cable broadcast???

I'm not sure Joe. This is my first year here in WA, so it's also my first year going to this show. I thought it was kindof a small, county fair kinda thing, then someone at work set me straight that it was big time-lawn mower races, televised, and all that. I don't know if it'll be on cable or not. I'll look for ESPN or OLN signs hanging up this Saturday, and let y'all know. Look for me, I'll be the guy on the sidelines....

Jeff

come on fishhunt.. no entry fees and you can have fun cutting some wood.
im doing it just for fun and the chance to learn more about racing.
lots of tactics out there.. and to the racing aspect im a total newbie.
i have been working on saws for years even going to be using a bone stock saw, either a mac SP125 or a stihl 084. i am aiming to win the novice pole climb by a longshot. and the targeted falling.. well i dont have a chance there.. not much tree falling experiance with a saw.. i usually pull them over with my crawler loader. if i was using that i could fall that tree on a dime.

Latest posts

Back