Logging accident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My step brother had a bad accident in the woods a few days ago. He was logging and somehow got a cable wrapped around his leg. He was dragged quite a distance before they got things shut down. Fortunately he never hit any downed timber or it would have been much worse. Last I heard there are no broken bones, but lots of muscle and tissue damage. They had to slice both sides of his leg to relieve the pressure from the swelling. There was some concern that he may lose the leg, but the latest reports indicate that this probably won't happen. Still a lot of recovery time.

Be careful out there.

never let down your guard, as soon as it starts to feel routine is when people get hurt. Good reminder to all of us.

Most accidents in logging are not from chainsaw cuts. They are other things.

I sometimes will have a nightmare about lines appearing on the ground where I am walking.

Hope he heals up well. Sil vous ple. Donde' esta' le formage.

Logging is a very dangerous occupation with a lot of chances for injuries. Over a long career it appears the odds are stacked against the loggers. Hope your brother completely heals and quickly be back to work.

Hope he recovers quickly Rich!! Thoughts are with you and your family.

How are you doing Rich...I've been meaning to PM you for a bit now. Me life has gotten a bit crazy the past couple month...

Latest posts

Back