Logging Firewood with Beats and the Crew.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Video: Logging Firewood with Beats and the Crew

Here's a video of me, my brother, my dad, and a good friend logging some firewood. We put up 25 cord that day and had a good time.

The highlight was the hollow basswood. I told my bro to push it with the skidder if the hinge would hold, well you'll see the reality.

A few different cutting techniques were used just to show how you can do the same thing differently.

Hope some of you'll like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgGolIVvE7Y

Last edited:
Here's a video of me, my brother, my dad, and a good friend logging some firewood. We put up 25 cord that day and had a good time.

The highlight was the hollow basswood. I told my bro to push it with the skidder if the hinge would hold, well you'll see the reality.

A few different cutting techniques were used just to show how you can do the same thing differently.

Hope some of you'll like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgGolIVvE7Y

why where you logging basswood for firewood? and why not throw a line in the hollow one and pull it over with the skidder instead of try to push it with no leverage?

obviously you are a hard worker and appear to have great saw skills so I'm just curious, not trying to be a ####!

why where you logging basswood for firewood? and why not throw a line in the hollow one and pull it over with the skidder instead of try to push it with no leverage?

obviously you are a hard worker and appear to have great saw skills so I'm just curious, not trying to be a ####!

There was one Basswood we had to take, the rest was all hardwood.

We never tried to push the tree, we just let it go. If the hinge would've held we would have tried to give it a nudge, but it didn't. If we really cared we would have choked it and pulled it with the skidder cable, but we didn't have that kind of time.

You get to do much logging MDS? It's a nice change up from arborist work.

None really. I used to do some smaller lot clearing jobs, now that I have the tractor with winch/forks to feed the bigger chipper finally, I dont get any of that really. Go figure. Typically though, I lost my a$$ on that stuff anyway. lol.

There was one Basswood we had to take, the rest was all hardwood.

We never tried to push the tree, we just let it go. If the hinge would've held we would have tried to give it a nudge, but it didn't. If we really cared we would have choked it and pulled it with the skidder cable, but we didn't have that kind of time.

just checked out your other videos, nice work! Are you using more than one camera when you film or just editing?

just checked out your other videos, nice work! Are you using more than one camera when you film or just editing?

Thank you. I just use one old Sony Hi-8 camcorder and edit it on my movie maker program. It's simple and nothing fancy. I am not going for video of the year, just playin with it. I might snag a helmet cam sometime to use in tandem with the camcorder. That should produce some decent tree work video.

That's a 440B.

Thanks, just got myself a 440B (later than yours- wider log bumper) for skidding firewood logs. I pity those guys just using a tractor- way too slow and dangerous. The 440 shure is a beast for firewood!:smoking:

Thanks, just got myself a 440B (later than yours- wider log bumper) for skidding firewood logs. I pity those guys just using a tractor- way too slow and dangerous. The 440 shure is a beast for firewood!:smoking:

You bet, it does a great job and makes is easy. You got some chains for your ride?

nice video

Where in Wisconsin you at Nails? If I'm ever passing through those parts I'd love to stop and buy you a beer and talk wood-cutting.

Latest posts

Back