Logosol Mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I saw them in action it struck me as a really expensive chainsaw mill. Sort of defeating the affordability feature of chainsaw milling.

Newfie said:
Whenever I saw them in action it struck me as a really expensive chainsaw mill. Sort of defeating the affordability feature of chainsaw milling.
Newfie, that was my first take also. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a mill, it would be a small stationary bandmill like the low end woodmizer, or the many small entry level bandmills you can get for around $5-6K. You're right, one of the pluses of chainsaw mill is its cheap. Assuming you already have a decent chainsaw, less than $200 gets you a Granberg mill, slap a saw on it and you'r milling. Yes the Logosol is supposed to be easier to crank down the log than pushing that Granberg. That concept just never appealed to me, would rather do it manually.

Hi Ryan,
I don't have one but I've seen them work. The main advantage I can see is that they are still one person portable and they don't require as much setup on the log like the alaskan does. I know it takes some time and fiddling for me to square a cant with an alaskan, a logosol would be way faster for that. Is that worth $2k, it wasn't for me.

One thing Logosol do have figured out is narrow kerf chains, and also the sprockets to run 3/8 low profile chain instead of regular 3/8 chain.
Ian

Back