Logsplitter table grate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FerrisDiesel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all,
I was wondering what kind of tables you guys perfer for your splitters. When I first built my splitter I made mine out of 3/4 inch galvanized pipe......it didn't stick so well because I was just learning how to weld......and it was GALVANIZED!!! Also when I built it I had it set up a little too high, so when I pushed through really big rounds, it caught the end of the table near the wedge and bent the crap out of it.
So needless to say, i am in the rebuilding phase........which do you perfer, the table made out of pipe like a Timberwolf of a full steel table like on an American Splitter???? And give me some pro's and con's so I have something to base an educated decision off of!
Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
I don't think the style matters much, whatever you get used to will be the best. Set it a little lower than the bed of the splitter, and if you can, angle the end down where the wood first comes up on it.
sp4.jpg

i made mine outta 1/8 steel and screwed scrap wood i had laying around for legs. i welded a pieces of angle iron to the front of the splitter. i use that to run 2 bolts through so the table stays put when im using it. it works great. i wish i woulda done it 2 years ago.

Ferris, I bought mine from a guy on Ebay. I had the diamond plate added to keep the cookies from falling thru.

I bought the same log table from a guy on Ebay as A Stanton did. There was a thread about the builder somewhere around here a few months ago. I just put a square of scrap plywood on it and it works like a charm. It was cheap enough ($65 I think) but it is light, and stays out of the way of the rams travel. Just my 2 cents worth....

table

My log splitter was built to look like a TW-6, so it splits out the back. That was the look I was going for when I built the table grate as well. I just think it might be easier to use some sheet steel and make the table off the back.......alot less welding, and I won't have to worry about the tubes bending or breaking

I just ordered one from the e-bay seller, good reviews from users and it looks like it will be a time saver.

Back