logsplitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26newtreeguy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a Iron Oak log splitter. It a a 22ton and 9hp Honda engine and it is vertical/horizontal. It has a 8 second cycle time. price is $2400. I want to stay under $2500. If any one knows of better you unit tell me more. I planing splitting about 30 to 40 cord's a year. iT well take me about 1hour half to split a cord. I look at northtool tool but the same model is has 12second cycle time to slow and it was about $2000+shipping. Thanks for anybodies help

You should check out Timberwolf.

I was looking at log splitters in general today for a friend. Got quoted $1900 for the smallest splitter that Timberwolf makes. I'm going to check on Monday to see what it would cost to get it up in NH instead. Reason being, 1) there are several hundred $ factored into the $1900 for shipping, 2) no sales tax in NH.

If you look around you should be able to get a comparable Timberwolf for what you are going to pay for that Iron Oak.

I have a 26 ton Iron & Oak splitter with 9 hp OHV Honda engine. Great engine. This is a vertical horizontal splitter. Very powerful what it can't split it shears. You can buy a 4-way from Northern tool slice through the back strap open it up slightly and place it over the stock wedge. It will split most straight grain wood in 4 pieces. If you need more power slip the 4-way off and use the 2-way. If you can get the log cradle. Also Fitch tools will give you a better price and I think shipping is included. Northern tool is too pricey for this splitter. It is built like a tank. It will last and has a high resale value.

I just came back from VT from picking up a log splitter. The only units we could find in this area were either JUNK from Home Depot, or no-name brands from the power equipment shops which were over $2600. I made a few calls and wound up going up to GT power equipment in Rutland, VT (a mile from the factory) and paid $2077.20 for a TW-P1 with a 4 way wedge. I would suggest that you give them a call.

802-773-2709 ask for Peter Tobin.

I end up buying the iron oak log spitter. little over 2400.00 It great machine I had spitted over 15 cords of wood The machine has 22ton 8 second cycle time.

Back